Teenagers are smart and mature
Jul 24, 2016 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
So a few months ago, I did a bunch of volunteer work at a museum and I worked with a bunch of other high school students. It's been a while since I was in high school so I was out of touch. Whenever I talked to these guys and girls, it felt like I was talking to mature intelligent 40 year olds. They were smart too and even giving me some useful info that I did not know.

This one gentleman had incredible knowledge of sports and was like a teacher to me as he explained a lot of stuff that I did not know. This other lady was telling me about useful nutritional information. So yeah, high school students have a wealth of knowledge.

I guess my point is that you can learn from anybody. Anybody can be your teacher.

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #2 of 6
As long as you realise that all knowledge is only relative to perspective

But, yeah, some teenagers can be very bright and engaging, and, as a society, we should nurture them more, to think for themselves, and question what they are taught, rather than allowing the current so-called 'education' system to continue to make a mockery of humankind, by discouraging critical thinking, and instead instilling limited and elite-agenda-serving beliefs, and rewarding them with a meaningless certificate or letters after their name, for simply memorising it and regurgitating it, on an exam paper.

beerchug.gif

Jul 24, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #4 of 6
  As long as you realise that all knowledge is only relative to perspective

But, yeah, some teenagers can be very bright and engaging, and, as a society, we should nurture them more, to think for themselves, and question what they are taught, rather than allowing the current so-called 'education' system to continue to make a mockery of humankind, by discouraging critical thinking, and instead instilling limited and elite-agenda-serving beliefs, and rewarding them with a meaningless certificate or letters after their name, for simply memorising it and regurgitating it, on an exam paper.

beerchug.gif

If only it were that easy.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 26, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #6 of 6
There are some things, such as experiences, that simply cannot be had quickly or taught in a textbook.  In my mind being knowledgable and mature are two very different things.   Personally, understanding the limits of one's knowledge and capabilities -that too is a sign of maturity.  This is speaking from my experiences as being a semi-smart alec (hope I've toned down a bit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back