Teenage stupidity my ###, hang these bastards
Mar 27, 2008 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
cbs3.com - Starbucks Manager Dies In SEPTA El Stop Attack

Quote:

SEPTA police said Conroy, the manager of a nearby Starbucks, was being harassed by a group of four teens who surrounded him and struck him before he collapsed and loss consciousness.

Conroy was transported to Jefferson University Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

Police said three juveniles fled the scene, but one 16-year-old suspect was taken into custody. The teen, a student at Simon Gratz High School, is now facing charges of murder and conspiracy.

Sources told CBS 3 the 16-year-old suspect was without remorse as he apparently confessed to the attack. The teen told police Conroy was chosen at random because the group just "wanted to beat someone up," according to sources.

This is happens at 3.00pm in center city stop train station. This place is CBD and it's supposed to be safe at that particular time. I hope they hang these bastards, this world will be a better place without them.

Mar 27, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 97
Quote:

The teen told police Conroy was chosen at random because the group just "wanted to beat someone up," according to sources.

Welcome to my world.

Mar 27, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 97
wow thats ridiculous. poor guy. could have been anybody...

Mar 27, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 97
I have seen random beatings caught on security camera shown on reality TV (on Spike I think), apparently this type of thing happens often. Afterwards the host is like "thankfully the victim survived the ordeal and walked away with a shattered collarbone... etc." Now they finally give it some news coverage when somebody didn't get up....

Mar 27, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by coredump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you giving the beating or getting it?

Usually one then the other.

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #10 of 97
“too dumb or young or both to care.”

Or maybe they’ve already done or seen worse and don’t care.

Think any of these “kids” got to see and laugh at “Faces of Death”. It takes something to de-sensitize someone (especially that young) to not have any empathy for the victim. A “normal” person might understand getting carried away and something unforeseen happening and some one getting hurt but that “normal” person would feel some sympathy for the victim.

And if it wasn’t “Faces of Death” maybe “Hostel” or “Hostel II”? Or any number of just mind numbing trash. There’s a reason why we read about this crap every day. It is happening more often and more brutally.

Mitch

Mar 28, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #11 of 97
I believe it's the fault of the parents, moreso than the teenagers. If there was a provable law that imposed "negligence of giving proper discipline," it could perhaps help curve teen violence. You can't just create a monster and let him loose.

It is in my opinion that placing the fault on the media/games/movies is the wrong direction to take. Corrupted mentality of negligent parents passing the blame is the crime being done.

Mar 28, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #12 of 97
I blame the parents, they should be keeping a closer eye on what their kids are doing, as well as teaching them wrong from right.

anyone in their 20's and 30's grew up with rambo, terminator, preditor, etc., and their seemed to be a lot less of this random violence

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #14 of 97
Kids these days are not brought up properly these days. There are a lot of parents that expect the teachers to teach them the basics of life. Tis a shame. A lot of kids do not know right from wrong. I know a few Elementary teachers and some of the stories are unbelievable. It seems to have gotten worse since there is a lot of "both parents working" situations and also divorce and abuse issues.

Anyhoo..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back