Technics SL-1950
Aug 5, 2008 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Csericks

Headphoneus Supremus
Can you give me information regarding the Technics SL-1950 turntable. I have been assembling a starter system for my teenage son and yesterday, for $6, at a Goodwill store, I bought a Technics SL-1950 turntable for my teenage son.. Aside from being direct drive it appears to be a very nice unit. After I replace the cartridge will this be a good table? Can you give me more information? Thanks!

Aug 5, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Csericks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you give me information regarding the Technics SL-1950 turntable. I have been assembling a starter system for my teenage son and yesterday, for $6, at a Goodwill store, I bought a Technics SL-1950 turntable for my teenage son.. Aside from being direct drive it appears to be a very nice unit. After I replace the cartridge will this be a good table? Can you give me more information? Thanks!

It's a great starter table and one of the rarer collectable Technics being an autochanger so it can play a stack of 7" records which is very cool.

Basically a version of the SL1900 which is one of the more automated models in the SL1*** series, dating from the 1970s and probably the best decks Technics ever made. The SL1200 is the last survivor today, slightly heavier in build and fully manual but essentially the same mechanically.

Make sure you put it on it's own well isolated surface, fit it a Denon DL110/ DL160 and enjoy the show.
wink_face.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by memepool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make sure you put it on it's own well isolated surface, fit it a Denon DL110/ DL160 and enjoy the show.
wink_face.gif

A good choice as a 2nd cartridge, after his son has figured out how to be gentle with the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back