technics rp-dh1200 for multi purpose use?
Nov 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kezzo

New Head-Fier
If i buy technics rp-dh1200 and use it with a decent soundcard, can i use it in games or movies?

or this kind of headsets can only for music purpose?

my budget is max 180 $

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #2 of 2
I know this thread is from last year but I just dont see any reviews on the 1200s. I just got out of a Panasonic product training meeting and they had the Technics RP-DH 1200 on display along with many other Panasonic models. The Technics stood out by a huge margin. Complete sound isolation, comfortable, a bit heavy, full articulation for one sided use, but the sound emanating from these was spectacular. I couldn't believe my ears. Excellent bass, mids, extended highs, up front staging, depth of imaging. It really is something special. The retail price was somewhere about $250 but you can find on amazon for under $150. These make my Denon D2000s look bad. Completely outclass my AT M50s. Make the Beats pro sound 2 d. These phones are good for all modern genres. I can see why Armin uses/used these. The newest model is the 1250 but you can get the older supposedly same driver/sounds in the 1200. The 1250 comes with 2 cables. A coiled one and an iPhone /smartphone one. Both have user replaceable one sided cords. I am currently debating which one to get. I haven't bought a serious pair of headphones in a long time but these showed me how much better they are than almost anything else I've heard. These would be excellent for home / dj use but their weight confines them to stay at home. The sound isolation is strangely good. I couldn't hear anything outside of the phones even playing low. My coworker was in front of me talking to me and I couldn't hear a word. These phones score a 9 out of 10. I should have mine next week. Even though I really don't need another pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back