Technics Premium Stereo Earphones EAH-TZ700
Apr 7, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #16 of 219
Apr 7, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #17 of 219
Wait! People are balking at the $1,200. These are the cheap ones! Dunu is $1,700, Simphonio $2,200, JVC $1,700, Sony is $1,700, Final Audio is $1,800 etc.

Apr 7, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #18 of 219
Wait! People are balking at the $1,200. These are the cheap ones! Dunu is $1,700, Simphonio $2,200, JVC $1,700, Sony is $1,700, Final Audio is $1,800 etc.
how many well regarded Technics earphones do you know? any experience with high quality earphones?, something that made some noise? i don't think so
they have some headphones that no one cares about, overly bright and synthetic
roll the dice if you think they will be top level

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #20 of 219
how many well regarded Technics earphones do you know? any experience with high quality earphones?, something that made some noise? i don't think so
they have some headphones that no one cares about, overly bright and synthetic
roll the dice if you think they will be top level

Was Just joking but let's go there. How many $1,700 JVC earphones had there been before. How many $1,700 DUNU had there been before. Final, yes but quite unique and specific in their sound so you needed to get the scoop on them as well. They would be no different than any of the rest when they came out. You need to know more or hear them for your self a few times before dropping the dough. All had some risk and needed vetting.

And don't come with the disrepectful attitude. I've been here years before you. Maybe confusing me with someone else your thinking of cause I did nothing to you to get that reaction.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #21 of 219
So these just arrived and the first impressions are listening from an AKSP1000M using the balanced 2.5 cable.
First of all and in my book, that's a giant plus, these are one of the few IEM's that are extremely comfortable to my tiny ears and ear canals.
(others in that list would be Xelento, Final Audio E-series).
Please take sound impressions with a grain of salt as I've only had the chance to listen to them for a limited amount of time.
I think they are a fairly smooth listen and I'm expecting to have no issues with fatigue whatsoever.
The bass is there but it would have less sub bass than the Xelento's are capable of from what I can tell so far.
They seem to play well with most genres I listen to (rock, heavy metal, acoustic, classical).
One negative point is the cable is troubled by some microphonics similar to Etymotic for example.

So far, I'm happy with the purchase and can definitely see these becoming daily drivers :)

Apr 9, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #22 of 219
Was Just joking but let's go there. How many $1,700 JVC earphones had there been before. How many $1,700 DUNU had there been before. Final, yes but quite unique and specific in their sound so you needed to get the scoop on them as well. They would be no different than any of the rest when they came out. You need to know more or hear them for your self a few times before dropping the dough. All had some risk and needed vetting.

And don't come with the disrepectful attitude. I've been here years before you. Maybe confusing me with someone else your thinking of cause I did nothing to you to get that reaction.
i dont know what happened, it came out aggressive but that was not my intent

Apr 9, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #23 of 219
Had a first extended listening session and I am very content with the sound quality and comfort!

in terms of criticism, I’d say they haven’t put a lot of effort into the packaging and unboxing unlike for example Sony, Beyerdynamic to name a few.
also the case you get with a campfire audio andromeda is beautiful and compared to that, the one supplied here is not that great (this may be personal as I didn’t like the xelento case either).
There is a bit of microphonics on the cable so after market could solve that but I’m not too troubled by it and it’s not as noticeable as the Etymotic for example (deep insertion amplified it I guess)

Then again, these are in my opinion not the most important aspects but just putting it out there!

Attachments

• 14AE39C1-F97D-459F-A327-1EA0F7332131.jpeg
    14AE39C1-F97D-459F-A327-1EA0F7332131.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • B3A67CEA-B63D-40B8-A14B-D531E0BB22DD.jpeg
    B3A67CEA-B63D-40B8-A14B-D531E0BB22DD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 308E8595-1F4E-4248-83B5-C67769232EF7.jpeg
    308E8595-1F4E-4248-83B5-C67769232EF7.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 12, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #24 of 219
Had a first extended listening session and I am very content with the sound quality and comfort!

in terms of criticism, I’d say they haven’t put a lot of effort into the packaging and unboxing unlike for example Sony, Beyerdynamic to name a few.
also the case you get with a campfire audio andromeda is beautiful and compared to that, the one supplied here is not that great (this may be personal as I didn’t like the xelento case either).
There is a bit of microphonics on the cable so after market could solve that but I’m not too troubled by it and it’s not as noticeable as the Etymotic for example (deep insertion amplified it I guess)

Then again, these are in my opinion not the most important aspects but just putting it out there!

Any amount of Driver Flex(crackling noise) when inserting into your Ear?

Apr 13, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #26 of 219
These look so nice, I was aiming to get some beryllium in my life but... these look so nice.

Apr 23, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #28 of 219
So I assume you are between a DUNU Luna and Tz700?
Have you been able to compare / make up your mind?

Given that I live in Portugal, I will not have a chance to compare or even audition one of them.

Apr 23, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #30 of 219
Not sure yet, I'm considering a lot of options. Ocharaku, Radius... I'm also not sure if the Technics won't be too alike the FW10K for and, therefore, perhaps not worthy to add to the collection.

Deep down, I am looking for something that has a more "magical" approach to music, preferably with a large soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back