Technical Noob Here, Need help
Mar 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AmberOzL

Headphoneus Supremus
So guys, I am planning to buy Colorfly C4 and it can do a lot of things but I have a question. Can I use it in this way:

Computer is open, listening to music from foobar (nothing special just flacs)
C4 connected to a computer
Headphones connected to the C4

So can I use high power output of C4 for to run high impedance headphones in this way? C4 will not play the file I am playing. It will be located in the computer.

Sorry for the newbie question but apart from here I don't know where can I get help.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 5
the C4 cannot function as a USB dac (which is the definition of the device you are talking about), try the HM801 or the HM 602 if you want that kind of functionality
Unless your PC somehow have SPDIF output

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 5
The DX 100 also can't do it , the only players that could do what you described is the hifimans , they are the one that made players that is also capable of being used as a USB dac (801 and 602), you can also use an adapter to convert your 6.35mm jack into the more common 3.5 mm jack

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #5 of 5

Ok I took a quick photo of my computer. I checked some information on internet about how can I learn is there an SPDIF output or not. My eyes tell me I don't have SPDIF output but maybe more experienced people can see different :)

My headphones have actually 3.5mm jack and 6.3mm adapter I always use 3.5mm because it is widely used in portable devices and laptops. I noticed DX100 and C4 has 6.3mm jack entrances so I was thinking that's the time to try it out and live the difference between them. For portable use they seem perfect but when I am home, I would like to use them in this way too but apperantly that's not possible with my laptop. I guess HM 901 will not have 6.3mm entrance either?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back