tech flex size?
Jul 21, 2007 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kanamin

100+ Head-Fier
I'm planning to recable my headphones with 26 gauge SPC from navships using four wires, but I don't know what size tech flex to order. Suggestions? I tried a search but it looked like I'd have to sift and scour through threads. I really wanna order ASAP because I'll be so sad w/ the wire but no plugs/techflex (getting the latter from parts express). I'll post pics when I do get them recabled!

Jul 21, 2007 at 9:06 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1/8" multifilament on 4-wire round braided stranded wire is extremely tight. I would not recommend it. You'll have to put 3/16" on the main section and 1/8" on the leads.

A big x2 from me. This is exactly what I use and I've done a number of recabling jobs. Nylon multi-filament is great sleeving - soft and professional looking. I order mine from wirecare.com. By the way - their adhesive lined heatshrink is real good to and reasonably priced.
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 9:21 AM Post #5 of 7
Jul 21, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #7 of 7
Yes - you got it. As threEchelon said, when someone says "techflex" it is generally assumed you are talking about a much stiffer plastic feeling type of sleeving. The recommended nylon multi-filament is a Techflex product. Many people don't realize that Techflex is a company name - not a product name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back