Teaser photo: Tubesville/Noise Audio "Duality" 300b SET amp.
Mar 7, 2006 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tjkurita

1000+ Head-Fier
I am awaiting this amp...
very_evil_smiley.gif

duality16bp.jpg

On the left, Audio. On the right, Power.

6sn7 driving 300B.
Separate signal and power chassis.
The chassis are sandwiches of solid copper.
It is truly dual mono with two signal paths and two power paths.

I really can't wait and I hope to bring it to the National Meet in April. However, if there is not enough time, I might not be able to.

Has anyone ever had custom cases made for their audio equipment? I was thinking about ATA custom cases. Does anyone know lead times?

Mar 7, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #3 of 6
Dang. I'm impressed.

I'm trying to remember my history - this manufacturer was the one who rather than mod a Cary 300SEI for someone ended up designing his own?

Best,

-Jason

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 6
You have a good memory! I intended to have my 300sei modified, but I somehow ended up asking Blackie to build an entirely new amp.

It isn't quite complete yet, but it's close. Once it's in my mitts I'll take detailed photos. I don't really trust my ears enough to write reviews, but I'll be able to compare it to my 300sei. Maybe I'll post impressions.

Them maybe a mini-meet for people who want to hear it.

John.

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #6 of 6
Lol, yeah, now I remember. At the time I was considering getting a 300SEI from a friend and modding it as well, so I followed that thread with interest.

Heh, congrats on the amp man! Hopefully it'll be in your hands soon. Once you see the almost-complete picts, the wait becomes even harder!

Best,

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back