[TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available September
Oct 3, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #496 of 677

Great review, thanks.

I went away for work for a couple of days and somehow managed to miss the end of the drop 
mad.gif

If anyone needs to cancel their order for any reason please contact me via PM.

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #497 of 677
Photos from my Ei.XX , still not shipped yet :p

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #499 of 677
  Wait, you asked for an Ei.xx and a new Anzu with Ei.xx low end?
You're so lucky :).

not all the CIEMs are the same, and each CIEM from the Custom Art is a piece of art that present something different and unique .

the Harmony series is like a portable HD800 <3 and the Ei.XX is like the perfect SE846 

ofc i wana have them all :D 

God Bless the Custom Art and Piotrus ^^  he gave us perfect options and with unbelievable price :') 

Oct 10, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #501 of 677
  I love the transparent blue.

its transparent sky blue ^^

they seems darker than sky blue for you or? :p 

i asked Peter, and its just the camera etc.

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #502 of 677

I love the transparent blue.

its transparent sky blue ^^

they seems darker than sky blue for you or? :p 

i asked Peter, and its just the camera etc.

I think it's nearly the same color/transparency as mine, except yours has a cool faceplate!

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #506 of 677
gonna test it more and write a review soon ^^ 

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #509 of 677
  any update for this review ??

i lack the time atm, cause Final Term in the University and Final Project etc,

still i did listen to the CIEM with many cables too, and i will be writing a Review once i can, no worries its on the way ^^

but one thing for sure, the Ei.XX is Ultra Epic. 

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #510 of 677
Hey guys just finished testing and wanted to share my mini review about the Custom Art Ei.XX.

Disclaimer:

i am a CIEM freak who went CIEM over full size headphones, and i use the CIEMs on my desktop, not portable, CIEMs have come a long way that i made them my main setup, this review is to show you the full potential of the Ei.XX with the best Portable Rig, and will be tested with few cables which i find them one of the best.

and oh my English Writing isn't super so bear with me if you saw a mistake here and there :p 

The Equipment:

i am using Hugo Chord as a DAC and for the amp i am using the amp section of the Hugo, since this a review for a portable rig its better to stick with dac/amp setup, not a dac + amp fat rig setup, for the cables i testing with the stock cable, Toxic Cable Scorpion and Toxic Cable Silver Widow 22.

The Craft and Fit:

I had few CIEMs before, UM Miracle , UM Mentor, and Custom Art Anzu v3 (crafted by Lear Ear) and my ear impressions were very very good, i went for the best option in Dubai Mall's Clinic, i was always happy with my CIEMs, used them for hours.

yet when i received my Anzu V2 and Ei.XX from Peter. i was shocked, they look very nice, and fits like a glove, and from the first day too!!, usually you about people complaining on the first few days, even i did with all my previous CIEMs, not that i did complain a lot, but i felt small annoying feeling on the left ear, and this feeling goes away in 2-3 days

but when it comes to Peter's CIEMs, never i felt annoyed nor found them hard or semi annoying to be removed, they fit like a glove, and easy to remove and insert, simply shocking, easily the best CIEM craft i ever encountered since 2012.

Sound impressions:

Bass:

the bass is rumbling!! i though for a second that it had a Dynamic driver, but no it was a Balanced Armature driver, wow Peter, not sure how he did manage to do this, its also fast, a great mix between the rumbling of a Dynamic driver and a fast Balanced Armature driver, yet fear not! the bass doesn't bleed into the mids, what a great balance, the sub bass is great too! 

i also wanted to note that i didn't find any problem with the Bass Texture, remember i am using Hugo Chord and Toxic Cables here to see what the Ei.xx is capable of, and i can safely say that both slam, speed and texture are ultra epic!! so if you went with a high end rig, fear not, the Ei.xx's bass will keep scaling with your rig

Mids:

WoW, i am glad i went with this CIEM over the SE846, i used to think that boosted thick mids are the best, when i look for mids, my collection is 99% got female vocals, the mids are really super important for me, i had SE535 and tested my friend's Se846, yet the Ei.xx's mids won me over.

why? its placed right, its still dense and will satisfy your mids/vocal needs, its organic, lush, and creamy to the max, in fact i had WA7tp before, and used it to make the Mentor Mids sound creamy and lushy, since the Hugo Chord alone wasn't able to achieve that with the UM Mentor, yet here comes the Ei.XX, simply wow, its so sweet i feel like melting while listening to its mids.

The placement of the Ei.XX is right, its not forward, nor back, which will make you enjoy the mids while not craving V-Shaped sound sig CIEMs, i find myself to miss my Anzu v2 CIEM when i am using the SE846, feeling like i want more bass/treble presentation, yet using the Ei.xx didn't make feel so, it was the right/perfect balance between fun and sweet organic mids, placed int the right way to make you enjoy a super mixture that will produce nothing but a smile on your face and a tapping feet that want to dance from the fun.

Treble:
for a "crazy" Treble head like me, the Ei.XX was a unique case, it wasn't sibilance at all!! i got this one track, little badly recorded, and tested the Ei.XX on it, this was my first CIEM to not sound sibilance on this track, and on my Hugo Chord and stock cable, the Treble wasn't really falling back, yet more sparkle and extension would have helped, but again i am a Treble head who listen to J-pop, so the others will find the treble fine. 

Cables: 

Toxic Cable Scorpion:

this is a HQ copper cable, compared to the stock cable it had smoother and less airy Treble, so for me or anyone who don't want less Treble , stay away from any copper cable, yet on the other hand the mids gain slight lush and warmness, and the bass impact went deeper, not bad, yet the price was the Treble Extension here, and it wasn't as fun because of that, at least for me who care about the Treble, if you don't then give a good copper cable a try, its all about preference in the end.

Toxic Cable Silver Widow 22:

the Silver Widow is a OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo cable, one of my favorite cables, this one brought the Ei.xx potential to crazy, the Treble airiness and extension became enough for me to move my head right and left when listening to pop, while enjoying the creamy organic mids.

thanks to SW22's smoothness the whole music got even smoother, yet still fun and enough for you to enjoy the bass and treble a lot while maintaining the mids quality, the bass might been slightly less on the impact compared to copper, but the details, micro details, bass texture and speed went epic, also the SW22 got stronger bass impact when compared to pure silver cables, which is why i went with it for my ei.xx.

Which Cable should you go for?

don't get me wrong, you don't need to spend more to make the ei.xx sounds better!! it already sound really good!!, but this head-fi were some of us like to improve the sound and they are crazy with this hobby, yet if you want to spend little extra i suggest a silver cable, since it will bring the Treble Extension with slight bass impact decrease, but don't get me wrong the silver is clear and smooth, fast with better bass texture.

Why the Ei.XX over other Similar CIEMs?

now if you want a in your face boosted mids, which is not bad i used to enjoy the SE series for this alone! and you don't mind losing some lush/warm/sweet organic mid, then the SE series is the way to go, but keep in mind the Treble/Bass presentation will be way different than the Typical  U shaped sound sig

yet if you want to maintain the fun of the Bass while wanted Organic Creamy Mids, then there is no other option than the Ei.XX, it will fit the bill 100%. 

Why the Ei.XX over U shaped sound sig CIEMs?

U shaped sound sig CIEMs, sound darn fun!! but the mids are falling back, and not smooth or organic, the Ei.XX bring something new to the table when offering both fun and creamy mids, its one of a kind.

yet if you don't mind the mids to sound on the Neutral side,  and wanted bass/treble fun, then the NT6pro or NT6 and similar CIEMs is what you should go with, remember its all about what sound sig you want, not about the hype, so make sure you pick what you want, not what the most want.

Conclusion:

The Ei.xx is a perfect combination between fun, and nice organic lush mids, which is a rare case when it comes to CIEMs, never i though i will see a similar CIEM but again Peter proves that he is a Genius that keep adding more unique products to his company, not to mention the value when we compared it with more expensive CIEMs out there, and thanks to peter's tuning they scale up with high end rigs to make them sound perfect and almost all in one whole package. 

P.S: sorry English isn't my first language, and i am sure i got a lot of Grammar mistakes over there -.-''  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back