Team Fortress 2 Highlander Community Challenge
Aug 14, 2010 at 3:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

earthpeople

Headphoneus Supremus
First off,
http://etf2l.org/highlander/

This is a tournament for TF2 where you form a team of 9 (with one required backup, I think, but up to 14 total on a team) and each player is a different class. Meaning there can't be two scouts, medics, etc. at the same time.

Just looking to see if there is interest here at head-fi, and see if we can get a team going. If you're interested, post the class you'd like to play and we can sort it out from there. It will likely be first come, first serve on class choice. I'll start a list here if some replies start flowing in.

I personally would like to play pyro, heavy, or engineer, in that order.

Aug 15, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #2 of 10
Very cool!  I played TFC for about 8 years and TF2 for a while and still occasionally play both.  Highlander was a gametype invented by the TFC community and is very very fun but doesn't get much play.  A shame.  I'm glad people are playing highlander style in TF2...I remember when TF2 was new I was in a highlander league for a little while and it was pretty fun.  :)

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 10
That sounds awesome but I'm terribly out of practice and currently without a working mouse so I won't be able to do it. I don't want to embarrass myself as it's been a couple of years since I last played. I used to be great with sniper though. My avatar is actually the one I used for TF2 a while back.

Oct 24, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #5 of 10
Took part in it with a/the hungarian team, but lost after 3 matches
frown.gif

Oct 24, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #7 of 10
I mostly suck, but I could be a decent-ish Medic if need be. No-one else would want to be the Medic, obvously.

Oct 25, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #9 of 10
Guys, check the age of the OP. The highlander challenge is long underway.

Oct 27, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #10 of 10
True, but it's a game mode, not a one time only event.  Anyone with a TF2 server can enable the mode if they so desire.  You still can get a group together to play the mode.

^ So what if that event has past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back