Team colourblind: are you in it?
Jan 11, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #16 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by m_memmory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well I'm not in ... I can see the numbers in there (although the one at the bottom is easier to see then the one at the top)

Same here!

Jan 11, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #17 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is possible for women to be colour blind, its just very rare. I personally am not.

Not what? Not color blind or not a woman?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 11, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #18 of 82
Oh, ambiguity.
biggrin.gif

Color deficiency is carried in the X chromosome, and roughly one out of every eight X chromosomes carries the color deficiency gene.

Since men only have one X chromosome, if they have the gene, they are color deficient. A lot of women carry the gene, obviously, but since they have two X chromosomes, only about one in every sixty-four women is color deficient. Of course, nearly one-fourth of all women are carriers for the disease.

Luckily, I dodged the bullet! Well, actually, almost none of my ancestors had it so I was pretty safe to begin with.
smily_headphones1.gif

I remember one of my friends has always claimed that he can't tell the difference between certain colors, and everyone just thought he wasn't being observant. Then I showed him an Ishihara test in front of his parents and he failed with flying colors.
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #19 of 82
Yeah, I'm the only one in my family who can't see that number. Sucks. If I'm not mistaken, supposedly my spouse is not a carrier, The color deficiency defects should end with me, right?

Jan 11, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #21 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I'm the only one in my family who can't see that number. Sucks. If I'm not mistaken, supposedly my spouse is not a carrier, The color deficiency defects should end with me, right?

If your wife is indeed not a carrier, then none of your children will be color deficient. However, every single daughter of yours will be a carrier. Sorry.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #22 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your wife is indeed not a carrier, then none of your children will be color deficient. However, every single daughter of yours will be a carrier. Sorry.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aw shucks
tongue.gif

Jan 11, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #23 of 82
i'm red green colorblind.

i've got a chip on my shoulder about it (see my colorblindness rant thread).

"when the red led turns green, it is ready!"
go to hell

"we'll make all the stoplights red and green!"
at night driving into a busy intersection, i cannot tell the difference between green lights and oncoming headlights, especially with the new blue tinted ones.

i don't know why manufacturers have such a hard time understanding they are excluding millions of people by using color coding, when shapes, patterns, letters or numbers do the job as well or better.

where i work i rely on a large spreadsheet to do my tests. the owner of the spreadsheet insists on color-coding projects, even after i explained to her i can't see the difference. it wouldn't be putting anyone out to change it, and it would help me a lot (and keep my anger down).

Jan 13, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #25 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"we'll make all the stoplights red and green!"
at night driving into a busy intersection, i cannot tell the difference between green lights and oncoming headlights, especially with the new blue tinted ones.

Ya i know what you mean, its very annoying.

I cant see those numbers at all, i remember going to the Eye Doc and him giving me the test, he told me a was in some color group (cant remember which one). But i have a terrible time with Blue and Purple, they just look the same. But i also cant see the numbers at all. So im not sure what group im in.

I remember in art we were making mosaic pictures with construction paper. And the first day i started using blue for the sky, then we were doing it the next day, and i grabbed a diff color paper but i thought i had the same. So i finished it and thought it was fine. Then my teacher asked me why i had a blue and purple sky. lol

Jan 13, 2007 at 7:04 AM Post #26 of 82
I had a teacher in high school who had Monochromacy. He said he always could tell when he was watching a real black-and-white TV because it made better contrast than a color TV.

But I'm not in the club.

Jan 13, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #27 of 82
Team Colorblind FTW!!!

I found out I was colorblind when I was about a freshman. I don't think I have it that bad, it hasn't affected my life.

I love that people always think I see just black and white when I say I am colorblind.

Jan 13, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #28 of 82
It's amusing when my buddy is playing Dice Wars and always references the real color turquoise as white.
I am gladly not in this team!

Jan 13, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #29 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's amusing when my buddy is playing Dice Wars and always references the real color turquoise as white.
I am gladly not in this team!

video games are another problem. i recently got to the finale of a ps2 game i had been playing on and off for weeks. guess what? to defeat the end boss, you have to see what color he turns to attack.

and i can't.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back