Team Calvin & Hobbes Check in!
Aug 6, 2003 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Audio Redneck

Spaceman Spiff
Its a slow day today and the Pointless Thread about teams got me thinking , so Team Calvin and Hobbes check in if you are out there!

New members are welcome. Heres what to do:

For the location to send your required contribution of one piece of high quality Head-Fi.com merchandise, please PM Audio Redneck (the secret identity of Spaceman Spiff when operating from his secret lab on the third planet from the sun.)

For the location to send your required contribution of a second piece of high quality Head-Fi.com merchandise, please PM Dhwilkin (please make no referance to Tracer Bullet as he is on an important case at the moment and doesn't want his cover blown).

Don't forget to include:
-Name
-Phone number
-Favorite Calvin & Hobbes character or alter ego
-a major credit card number
-social security number
-police record
-a link to the most recent post you were offended by (post by kelly don't count as he is paid to keep the thin skinned off of Head-fi)
-your complete audio system inventory.
-the hours you will be away from home and the house will be empty for at least 2 hours. (failure to honor the reported hours will be grounds for application rejection)
-a 1000 word essay on how you will get Jude to give you a custom title if you don't already have one.

(NOTE: special consideration will be given to applicants who can't meet the above quailifications, but are still willing to post their essay
biggrin.gif
)

Aug 7, 2003 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 12
All rise! The Supreme Ruler and Dictator-For-Life of Team Calvin & Hobbes has entered this thread!

Greetings, President Audio Redneck. Thank you for calling this meeting to... hey... wait a minute, where IS everybody? I know we had more members than this. Very well, as soon as Tracer Bullet finishes his ultra-secret case of critical national importance, all former members that have not reported for duty can expect a thorough background check on their recent activities. Failure of evidence in actively plotting against the enemy will result in five demerits and a censure in the club log.

Ahem. Anyone wishing to gain power and prestige by joining this highly secret and exclusive club may follow the steps proposed by our esteemed President. Skilled map-makers and secret-code-makers are in especially high demand. We expect to have many successful gatherings in the future.

Aug 7, 2003 at 1:54 AM Post #3 of 12
My favorite C&H cartoon were:

The snow scene where Calvin made all these snowmen standing at attention saluting down the driveway. His dad comes home, "I hate when he does that."

The other one is where he made this snow creature that had this huge mouth and was eating one little snow creature while the rest were running away screaming. Hilarious!

I already have a custom title, and like it too much to change to a C&H one. Blasphemy? I know, but I like the idea behind it.

(Oh, the wife just put on Ice Age on the big screen, so I gotta go.)

Aug 7, 2003 at 3:11 AM Post #4 of 12
A tuna fish eating tiger? What's not to love?

The one where Calvin gets a head shot by a snowball from Susie and is on all fours looking for his "eyeball" that fell out, then Susie bites and starts looking and he then nails here with one. [edit sp]

Aug 7, 2003 at 8:37 AM Post #6 of 12
As Special Ambassadore of Team UP I officially open up an embassy with Team C&H. Now we can regularize relations and sign a defensive alliance against team broke. (Who is secretly led by Susie Derken... or at least that is what my intelligence tells me.)

Seriously the C&H team is such a cool concept I may have to leave Team Homer for it.
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2003 at 3:33 PM Post #9 of 12
Bump for weekend recruiting. Come on, people, no school/work on the weekends to stop you from signing up!

Aug 18, 2003 at 7:37 AM Post #10 of 12
Hmm....Can I be on Team Merton and Team C&H at the same time?
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2003 at 8:48 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Lando
biggrin.gif

NO!

I'll clobber you.
wink.gif

Now hand me your headphones.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 18, 2003 at 5:42 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Lando
biggrin.gif

Sure you can. Here, just hold this little box with a clock in it....

Yes, its supposed to be ticking that loud....

explode_fire.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back