TEAM Alessandro, how many of you have TTVJ flat pads with MS-1 ????
Sep 24, 2005 at 8:10 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12thgear
People talk about pad differences like they'll transform your headphones, but audiophiles tend to overstate subtleties. The differences are there, but not, say, $30 worth. I've finally had a chance to try bowls and flats with my MS-1, and my impressions of the sound fall in line with the general consensus around these boards. Just don't expect the changes to be huge. These are tweaks.

I don't know about the MS -1 but a Grado with flats sound dramatically different then one with bowls. More than just a simple tweak. It changes the whole balance.

Sep 24, 2005 at 8:16 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by F355

the comfies are just fine for me. I think I'll use if for a few months, then probably do a cut mod. I just hope it doesnt increase the highs much, coz I find the present highs just PERFECT.
will the bass improve with the mod?

thanks again head-fi...

the cut mod is designed to increase the clarity of the highs, you will get very very very slightly tighter bass, and the highs will come through clearer as if the treble has been turned up (but cleaner). or something. thats waht i thought anyway.

Sep 24, 2005 at 11:13 AM Post #18 of 19
Buy some HD-414 (RadioShack have some) and mod them.
I bought flats for my MS-1 and I'm really disappointed...

No power, exces of bass... left them after 3 days, comparising with bowls and left them definitly after I have moded my HD414.

Sep 24, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #19 of 19
I bought a pair of TTVJ Flats to use so I could get more bass extension on my, now gone, MS-2i's, but it turned out to really drown out the highs and bring the bass up a bit to much. I tried them out on my MS-1, and I got the same result. When I aquired a 325i, I said finally I can use the flats. Taking into account what most headfiers say about most grado's, is that the highs are a bit harsh. Turns out that I love the sparkling highs, and wouldn't want anything to take that sweet sound away. Bottom line here is, break those MS-1's in well and use the bowls. They will sink dramatically closer to your ears, giving you better bass and keeping the detail of the highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back