Teacher needs help-autistic student needs headphones
Sep 25, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've attempted to remove some of the off topic clutter from this thread. Let's try to keep it clean and focused.
Thanks
k

Right thing to do ! Thanx !

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #32 of 36
I'm in a similar position as the Op, but my students need to hear music in the isolated earphones, I'm teaching music, and need them to hear themselves, but no one else. Are there shooting type muffs that allow an input to play audio? IEM's are not really an option here, unfortunately,

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by kurt1981 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in a similar position as the Op, but my students need to hear music in the isolated earphones, I'm teaching music, and need them to hear themselves, but no one else. Are there shooting type muffs that allow an input to play audio? IEM's are not really an option here, unfortunately,

Yes, there are some available. For example, take a look at this Direct Sound:
Direct Sound EX-29 | Sweetwater.com

I've never heard them, so I can't comment on their sound quality.

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #34 of 36
Wow, that might just do it! Little pricey, I'll have to look for them used, as I'm on a bit of a budget. I'm teaching music in a program for kids with disabilities, and this'll have to come from my own pocket.
Kurt

Oct 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #35 of 36
Why not try some cheap flesh colored ear plugs? they are inexpensive, difficult to see, will block out noise, and not look as obvious to other kids in the classroom who may pick on the child.

noise cancelling headphones are bulky, can be uncomfortable, and can be pricey.

In Ear Monitors are also fairly uncomfortable for someone who is bother by little things - hopefully the ear plugs won't bother the child.

Hope this helps.

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #36 of 36
i think you need foam earplugs or some earmuffs like those from peltor.

in my opinion, you might want to go with the earmuffs first?
as there is no insertion of anything into the ear which might tick him off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back