TEAC to release ''Quattro'' driver Balanced Armature IEM??
Mar 27, 2008 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ricthaman

500+ Head-Fier
According to this article

Electronista | TEAC unveils in-ear balanced armature headphones

Teac is developing a 4 driver Balanced armature IEM.
This would be, afaik, the first quattro driver IEM.

It made me very curious. How'bout you guys?

Any news on these? Are the actually going in to production or not?

Would be awsome though!

greetz

Mar 27, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to this article

Electronista | TEAC unveils in-ear balanced armature headphones

Teac is developing a 4 driver Balanced armature IEM.
This would be, afaik, the first quattro driver IEM.

It made me very curious. How'bout you guys?

Any news on these? Are the actually going in to production or not?

Would be awsome though!

greetz

Here the brochure of the Ze-1000 it say dual driver
http://dspd.teac.de/fileadmin/redakt...asheet_Lay.pdf

I would guess they say it's 2 driver per side (R&L) so 4 in total but it's actually a pair of dual driver.

Old thread about them
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/new...m-teac-282161/

Homepage from teac germany(in english)
TEAC Europe GmbH: Features

Mar 27, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't the UE 11 have 4 drivers?

But, very nice indeed.

You got to count both ear pieces to get to four. So yes they have four.
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 13
They look quite nice...a lot like my gf's philips 9700 IEMs (which are dynamic driver, not too bad actually!).

The tips remind me of the horrid future sonics FS1 quad flange tips, just horrible, no comfort or seal!!! I would replace them with the future sonics bi-flange or shure black foams.

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #7 of 13
damn...

How could I overlooked that! Dual drivers x2 = 4 drivers.

SORRY GUYS!!!

greetz

Mar 28, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #8 of 13
Yeah, I reported those back on CES08... such a long time yet we haven't see any review. Any one want to burn some extra cash?

Apr 6, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #9 of 13
I'm new here but I'd like to share some stuff with the profs here. I found this tread while I came by a pair of these Teac Ze-1000's on fleabay.
I thought I'll give it a try while they have two drivers in each earpiece.

Got them for 50 dollar ex shipping!! Got them towards here (Netherlands) include shipping for the lowest price of 40 euro
biggrin.gif

I will review them later because I'd like to compare them in a big review. I'm going to try to get a pair of good Shure's so that I can lay them to the Teac Ze-1000's and lay them next to my "old one", the Sennheiser Cx-300's and the cheap option Kanon Md-52's.
I'm going to use for that my new player (Teclast T39/Pasen Touchmusic), my old one (Mobiblu DHH-100) and the Mobiblu T10 I sold to a friend.
Also I'm going to use my Dj booth and stick them all into my Gemini Fx-7000, to compare them to a really flat output to tell what all the headphones should sound like when you don't eq them and use a really "flat" sounds output.

There's only one thing I'd like to share with everyone, these things sounds really nice if you can eq them right (and if you hang them to the pink and white noise for about a half of a day). The mid is in flat mode a bit to high to give the really flat sounds Teac talks about.

There's only one downsite at the moment, the bass at about 60 to 80 hz gives a problem. You can hear at these frequenties some internal noise, something that shakes at the same frequentie.....
I don't know at the moment if that's one of the drivers or that it is something else. If it's the first thing I'll have hope it will go away after more hours of using (have them since yesterday), but if it's something else it quit sucks. I will e-mail Teac about that then. At the moment I'm waiting for the seller to reply my mail about the missing siliconbuds, only the midsize that where stuck on the headphones where their.

By the way, the 5 layer buds are really great! If you put them in your ears it's for the first minute not so nice because of the layers you can feel, but it really seales well! So much better than the standard ones of the Sennheiser CX300's! (the standard one also fit well on the Teac's) and they don't going to vacume your ears because of the layers!
I tried a pair of Shure's a while ago really but I can remember they seal just a bit better but wearing them isn't as pleassent because they going deeper into your ears.

Apr 6, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't the UE 11 have 4 drivers?

The UE11 does have four drivers, but it uses a dual driver subwoofer with a 3-way crossover. The UE-10 has the same dual driver subs with a third armature and a 2-way crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back