TEAC Esoteric
Jun 6, 2005 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sleestack

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone ever have any experience with their products? I'm particularly interested in their SACD player and their CD/DAC combo. I know their prices are in the Meridian 808 range.

Jun 7, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 6
I have owned the DV-50 for 2 years now, and it is my favorite all time source ever!
I have spent dozens of hours comparing it to my BAT VK-D5SE (which I sold), and my Cary 306/200 (which I sold), and my Meridian G08 (which I still have in a separate setup), and it still wins, in my book. I also use it for my multichannel speaker setup, and my movie watching.

Jun 7, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 6
I have heard immtbiker's DV-50 and was very impressed with it. I would say it is at least in the same class as the G08, which I happen to love. At that point, a lot comes down to personal preference. I would say it is one of the nicest sources I have ever heard.

Jun 8, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 6
Oh yeah the teac p-70vu/d-70vu combo. There is a member on audiogon who sold his meitner or burmester after hearing this setup. A while back I was considering this amongst others and then the transport was going to be shipped off to GNSC audiomods to be modded. Steve at GNSC was of the opinion is the transport is the star of the combo and while the dac is more than capable he did not think it was a match for the Wadia 27ix Dac.

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #6 of 6
I bought an Esoteric UX3Pi about 6 months ago to replace a Consonance Droplet 5 with upgraded Russian valves. The latter (which I am going to sell) always sounded very good, but now that the UX3 is becoming more and more run in (some dealers reckon it can improve for up to 12 months), the level of detail, image size, overall linearity across the frequency range is superb. Through a  Burson HD160 amp and Sennheiser HD600 it all sounds very good, but am in the process of buying Ultrasone Ed 8's, as these should take more advantage of what is coming out of the UX3.

The build quality of the UX3 is superb, both inside and out. Other transports, even in some of the very very high end kit just doesn't compare. This should stay with me for a long time.

Fed into PMC OB1's via a Primare i30 amp, using a mixture of Transparent Audio and MIT cables, the set up is excellent. I suppose an upgrade to the amp could improve matters, but where do you stop! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back