Tea-Fi?
May 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #511 of 750
dunk it in bleach then throw it in the dishwasher

May 15, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #512 of 750
eek.gif

May 15, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #513 of 750
Quote:

Yeah, I don't think I can manage to put something that I would eat or drink off of in bleach.  Even cleaning the bathroom with it, the smell lasts through rinsing.  

May 15, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #514 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by daigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I don't think I can manage to put something that I would eat or drink off of in bleach.  Even cleaning the bathroom with it, the smell lasts through rinsing.  

I believe Clorox has an unscented offering (yup). Still, the thought has me all choked up... the horror. This is because nearly all (all?) my tea bowls got the porcelain thang working and is a bit porous. 

If pushed, I'd set that sucka in scalding hot water for as many days it would take and simply wipe away the stains. Of course, my tea bowls would be deserving of a soak in Aquafina.
wink.gif

May 15, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #515 of 750
Quote:

Quote:

I believe Clorox has an unscented offering (yup). Still, the thought has me all choked up... the horror. This is because nearly all (all?) my tea bowls got the porcelain thang working and is a bit porous. 

If pushed, I'd set that sucka in scalding hot water for as many days it would take and simply wipe away the stains. Of course, my tea bowls would be deserving of a soak in Aquafina.
wink.gif

For crying out loud it is just fine I have done it numerous times to my infusers and after a thorough dishwasher cycle they look almost like new and are completely usable. Yes avoid bleach with porcelain or other porous materials but it works fine with plastic

May 16, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #517 of 750
I've probably tried more obscure teas than the average person due to my enjoying of visits to the local Asian supermarkets. Gan he, ho yan hor, she she cao and lotus green tea are all things i'm rather fond of, gan he especially smells divine, like the most lovely forest. I also drink rooibos pretty much daily and a few others often. Used to drink a lot of coffee but it made me too edgy.

May 16, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #518 of 750
Quote:
I've probably tried more obscure teas than the average person due to my enjoying of visits to the local Asian supermarkets. Gan he, ho yan hor, she she cao and lotus green tea are all things i'm rather fond of, gan he especially smells divine, like the most lovely forest. I also drink rooibos pretty much daily and a few others often. Used to drink a lot of coffee but it made me too edgy.

Any websites?
size]

May 17, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #522 of 750
I have a touch of the flu and have just finished a BIG cup of tea with lemon juice to help get over it.

My cup holds 3 normal cupfuls.

When putting lemon juice in tea it is always best to double your normal amount of sugar.

Always put the sugar in first, as otherwise it won't taste sweet if you put the lemon juice in first.

You will notice that black tea changes into a mid brown after the lemon juice is added.

May 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #523 of 750
I've used a diluted bleach soak to clean a Yixing pot that was allowed to get moldy.  Seems to be the accepted practice to clean out funky/old pots, at least by people who are willing to risk it all to maybe make a pot usable again.  I'd never use it for daily cleaning, since it takes a lot of hot water soaks to reduce the bleach to ~tap water levels.

Jun 2, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #524 of 750
GODLY breakfast blend

35% - http://www.uptontea.com/shopcart/item.asp?from=catalog.asp&itemID=TP12&begin=0&parent=Teas%3EBlack%3EChina&category=Keemun&sortMethod=0&categoryID=11

35% - http://www.uptontea.com/shopcart/item.asp?from=catalog.asp&itemID=ZY45&begin=0&parent=Teas%3EBlack%3EChina&category=Yunnan&sortMethod=0&categoryID=14

35% - http://www.adagio.com/black/english_breakfast.html?SID=ff50c74d57a4d55c2db5052b67fdff22

I swear to god if you make this blend it will last forever and will be your endgame cuppa

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #525 of 750

Users who are viewing this thread

Back