Tea-Fi?
Aug 28, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #212 of 750

Quote:
Teavana FTW.
Jasmine Phoenix Pearls is by far my favorite.
All of their teas are well worth the price. 

Chasing The Dragon ~

I too, put Jasmine Phoenix Pearls in front of the line...  
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #213 of 750
In the evenings I'm currently enjoying a South American blend called Sympacho, which is a blend of the medicinal Pau d' Arco bark mixed with licorice pepper, yerba mate', and stevia leaf. I make a custom yerba mate' blend for those mornings that I want to avoid coffee, where I add dried orange slices, cinnamon chips, and stevia leaf again.

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #215 of 750
Cool thread! I just thought out the winning combo-concept of a "Tea Salon and Tube Amp-Store", called "The Tea-Tube" (never to be realized, unfortunately - heck, maybe it will?? :) edit: And Headphones of course. "Tea, Tubes and Earspeakers"

One of my favorites is Dong Ding (cool name) - very nice for Gung Fu Cha. Green-ish fruity oolong, light color full taste. 

One of the most famous and finest Formosa Oolong is Dong Ding Oolong. The leaves of this tea are carefully hand-picked from Mount Dong Ding in Taiwan. It is believed that Dong Ding Oolong tea plants are actually a specimen of Wuyi strain that have been carefully selected and re-planted in Taiwan. As with most Taiwanese Oolongs, the frangrance and taste of this tea is wonderfully sweet and will leave you craving for more.
Other names:
Dong Ding Mountain Oolong

Taste:
The naturally sweet, fruity aroma is strong and captivating, while the taste is full-bodied, refreshing and sweet with a flavor that is reminiscent of a mouth-watering peach. Delicious.

Appearance:
Evenly and tightly rolled tea leaves. The infusion is yellowish green in color.

Origin:
Nan Tou, Taiwan

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #216 of 750
I got a 15-year-old Dong Ding last week.  Pretty good.  I'm also enjoying a spinachy Honorable Mention Baozhong (I love savory vegetable flavors in green oolong) and a Taiwan Wuyi (processed as a Wuyi), an interesting slant on the traditional, mainland varietals.  It's weird to taste both Wuyi and Taiwan in a tea.

Did I just post to Head-Fi?  Dag, has it been a while.

Feb 10, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #217 of 750
Any good shops for Tea in the EU? I don't mind online shopping. Really looking to try some good stuff.

My friend has been in Hong Kong to study and brought back home some different teas, and oh man, it was fantastic. I never knew Tea could be anything more than a horrible pouch of some bizarre fruit flavour from Lipton.

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #218 of 750
twinings Chai is my normal, also have some tea from the daintree rainforest in australia, thats good too. lady grey is nice for a lighter refreshing tea. tea is soooo good, much nicer than coffee

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #219 of 750
From checking out your profile profile, I would recommend Sing Tehus, situated in central Copenhagen. Go there and ask for a Gung Fu Cha sometimes (it's not on the menu, but just ask). They have a very very nice Long Jing (just finished it last week :frowning2: They also have a web-shop, of course

http://singtehus.dk/

My local tea shop is (lucky me :) a Les Palais des Thes - shop. They have very good products, and excellent service, very knowledgable. 

They have many stores around the world, and I gues their online store is good as well:
http://www.palaisdesthes.com/en/

For US tea lovers:
http://www.palaisdesthes.com/

Quote:
Any good shops for Tea in the EU? I don't mind online shopping. Really looking to try some good stuff.

My friend has been in Hong Kong to study and brought back home some different teas, and oh man, it was fantastic. I never knew Tea could be anything more than a horrible pouch of some bizarre fruit flavour from Lipton.

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #220 of 750
I've been enjoying a brand called Revolution. What I like is they're putting loose leaf tea in a (nylon?) mesh bag that you can treat like any old bag tea... and ditch that yucky paper bag taste.

Traditionally I've found my way with Stash and Twinings for the most part, I prefer loose leaf, and have one of those gold infuser thingiemabobs.

Although I don't own a tea kettle or teapot, I do find some designs interesting, especially the earthen/ceramic types.

Anyhow, hello Tea-Fi pplz!

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #221 of 750
I'm an avid tea drinker, preference being for green though I do enjoy black and red teas on occasion. Never been too fond of white tea for some reason, but I'd be willing to keep experimenting. My favorite readily available brand for the last few years has been Republic of Tea. Their regular ol' green tea is delicious. It's been a while since I've brewed loose tea, but the last kind I had was an oolong blend from Fujian, China.

I'm inspired to go get some loose tea again, thanks to this thread.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #222 of 750
I usually buy tea from teaspring.com for typical brewing while at work.  They ship loose leaf Chinese and Taiwanese teas from Hong Kong and the quality has been excellent so far.  Currently drinking their Wu Yi Qu Hao, a medium processed oolong that smells like fresh sweet longan with a lower temperature initial brewing (~170°F) but turns grassy and herbal with higher temperature water.  Really nice. 

My cousin who visits from China often usually brings me tea as well, high quality third generation Dai Hong Po (Big Red Robe) and oolongs from Taiwan from his recent visit.  Always enjoy a nice cup of tea on quiet weekend mornings, while listening to music, of course.

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #223 of 750
Staal, I'm not sure if UK shops help you out, but both Canton Tea Co and Jing Tea are really great.  Tea Spring is also quite good, an easy place to start with a wide selection and $4 worldwide shipping.  Jing Tea Shop (different from Jing Tea) in China is also good, but kind of more expensive/advanced.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #224 of 750
Actually it's often cheaper to shop online from the UK rather than Denmark at the shipping is the same cost most of the time and the UK is much cheaper. Definitely gonna check out those shops.

Thanks for your answer as well ardilla! Copenhagen is 3 hours away though, but their webshop will do! 
biggrin.gif

You guys got any good suggestions for a "first timer"? Seen as I have no preferences yet, are there any affordable sorts I ought to try out to better define my taste in tea? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back