Tea-Fi?
Jun 14, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #601 of 750

Maybe I am still a tea snob. Tea like this ends up being 3 on a scale of 1 to 10.

What an indictment! 
tongue.gif

Need any assistance with getting something shipped? Are you able to order online what you really want?

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #602 of 750
  This thread always seems to come alive in cooler months. 
normal_smile .gif
 Will have a closer look at Red Blossom Tea & Song Tea month-end (June).

I really like the Dong Pian Winter Sprot from Red Blossom. One of my favorite teas, if not my favorite.

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #603 of 750
What an indictment! :p  

Need any assistance with getting something shipped? Are you able to order online what you really want?

Thank-you for the thought. And you are right the world of tea is a DHL shipment away. Tea is light too. And legal.:p

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #605 of 750
Oh yes! Tea-Fi! It seems like the Head-Fi community and I have a lot in common!
icon10.gif

Here's some Chinese tea that I currently have:

I only know the names in Chinese, so I can't really tell you what they are! I believe the ones on the right are Jasmine pearls...

Here's the ceramic cup/mug that I use to drink tea. Unfortunately, I don't have the time and energy to make Chinese tea the proper way
tongue.gif

Very nice! Those are actually my favorite two teas right now also. If they are the same ones I think they are... Japanese Sensha Green Tea on the left and Jasmine Pearls on the right. I am also a big fan of Jin Xuan Milk Oolong.

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #606 of 750
Where did you get those? Also that cup is slick

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #607 of 750
A while ago I ordered some amazing Jasmine pearls from the site Teavivre.com. They took forever to deliver because they shipped from China but the tea was excellent. I have since found a place in my city that sells very similar tea for about the same price so I have just been going to them. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to making my tea so I just make it in a large thermos and then drink it all day long. It can get a little over steeped, but I just put a little less tea in to account for that. I end up drinking one or two liters a day as a result.

Jul 17, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #608 of 750
Absolutely love the jasmine pearls. Actually, I have something pretty similar right now called bai mei, or "star of china" as the local tea shop calls it. All the buds of the white tea are sewn into little five-point stars (which I find really cute) and it taste like a slightly sweeter jasmine pearl without the darker tones of any green tea. It's quickly become one of my favorites (expensive as heck though). anyone else tried it?

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #609 of 750

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #610 of 750
Maybe you guys can help me. I just got back from Japan and one of the many foodie things I'm still craving is their powdered green tea (matcha?). I've bought a couple of types here where I live, imports from Japan, but they don't taste the same. I don't think it's a very expensive tea as it was mostly at sushi bars where I had it. The slightly smoky flavour is what really stood out for me. Any ideas?

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #611 of 750
  Absolutely love the jasmine pearls. Actually, I have something pretty similar right now called bai mei, or "star of china" as the local tea shop calls it. All the buds of the white tea are sewn into little five-point stars (which I find really cute) and it taste like a slightly sweeter jasmine pearl without the darker tones of any green tea. It's quickly become one of my favorites (expensive as heck though). anyone else tried it?

I'll have to check that out... thanks for the tip!

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #612 of 750
  Maybe you guys can help me. I just got back from Japan and one of the many foodie things I'm still craving is their powdered green tea (matcha?). I've bought a couple of types here where I live, imports from Japan, but they don't taste the same. I don't think it's a very expensive tea as it was mostly at sushi bars where I had it. The slightly smoky flavour is what really stood out for me. Any ideas?

try these

http://www.adagio.com/green/matcha.html
http://www.teavivre.com/organic-green-tea-powder/

Enjoying Tea also has matcha but sweet christ.... 30 grams for $18? nah dude, nah

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #613 of 750
That'd better be some top-notch stuff to charge that much. But on the note of green teas, any of you into using kyusu pots? I'd been looking for a tokoname kyusu pot made of red clay for a bit, and I think I found some made by Shoryu, but I don't exactly know if the mix he uses is natural or artificial. any of you guys know? (here's the link by the way)

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #614 of 750
  That'd better be some top-notch stuff to charge that much. But on the note of green teas, any of you into using kyusu pots? I'd been looking for a tokoname kyusu pot made of red clay for a bit, and I think I found some made by Shoryu, but I don't exactly know if the mix he uses is natural or artificial. any of you guys know? (here's the link by the way)

I had one once and loved it (despite them being for right-handed people which I most certainly am not) but ended up breaking it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back