Tea-Fi?
Feb 5, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #256 of 750
Rishi, I know. 
rolleyes.gif
 In general, prices of green tea is ALL over the map! However, throughout the year as I buy from a wide variety of sources, my average costs aren't bad. Especially when I consider the amount of tea I receive as gifts.

And don't overlook the importance of reaching out and communicating with vendors. Some will throw in small samples if you're already buying but curious about something else in the line. And others will actually sell samplers, which I find fun!

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #257 of 750
Quote:
Rishi, I know. 
rolleyes.gif
 In general, prices of green tea is ALL over the map! However, throughout the year as I buy from a wide variety of sources, my average costs aren't bad. Especially when I consider the amount of tea I receive as gifts.

And don't overlook the importance of reaching out and communicating with vendors. Some will throw in small samples if you're already buying but curious about something else in the line. And others will actually sell samplers, which I find fun!

Verdant tea's sells samples. And nice! Dealers will do that, I'll have to try that
biggrin.gif
 How many ounces/pounds of pearls are you getting?

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #258 of 750
Quote:
.... I'm a green tea fan by the way.

Me too. Mostly Chinese green. I love the super quality Long Jing I sometimes get a hold on. I also dig  the greenish Darjeeling First Flushes (black, but greenish)

Recently I tasted some hard core raw Puh Erh. That's really something. Definetly not green, though. 

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #259 of 750
Quote:
Quote:

Me too. Mostly Chinese green. I love the super quality Long Jing I sometimes get a hold on. I also dig  the greenish Darjeeling First Flushes (black, but greenish)

Recently I tasted some hard core raw Puh Erh. That's really something. Definetly not green, though. 

Link?
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #260 of 750
Quote:
Quote:

I've been curious about Puh Erh. Avoided 'til now - must get another tea bowl, as I wouldn't want to stain my current collection in the event.....it's not my cup of tea. 
rolleyes.gif

Perhaps, February I'll 'neak a bowl of the stuff. More importantly, did you like it?
popcorn.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #261 of 750
Quote:
Quote:
Rishi, I know. 
rolleyes.gif

Verdant tea's sells samples. And nice! Dealers will do that, I'll have to try that
biggrin.gif
 How many ounces/pounds of pearls are you getting?

Quantity always seems to depend on how much cash I have stashed inside the tea tins marked "Audio." I'm always trying to improve the system or music collection. Generally speaking, I'll pick up 113 Grams here, 56 or 28 Grams there...

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #262 of 750
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've been curious about Puh Erh. Avoided 'til now - must get another tea bowl, as I wouldn't want to stain my current collection in the event.....it's not my cup of tea. 
rolleyes.gif

Perhaps, February I'll 'neak a bowl of the stuff.

I have too much tea at the moment. Have you guys been to David'sTea? Their Herbal teas are pretty good. Like Bamboozle is amazing. Do you guys know of any high quality bamboo teas?

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #263 of 750
Thanks for the David's Tea link - prices are on par with what I usually pay to enjoy Jasmine Dragon Pearls. Might pull the trigger tomorrow! 
wink.gif
 At this writing, I have neither too much tea or too much cash. Something, I definitely need 
blink.gif
 to work on...

Well, I'll be John Brown! 
ph34r.gif

DAVIDsTEA has a White tea called "Cookie dough..."

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #264 of 750
Quote:
Thanks for the David's Tea link - prices are on par with what I usually pay to enjoy Jasmine Dragon Pearls. Might pull the trigger tomorrow! 
wink.gif
 At this writing, I have neither too much tea or too much cash. Something, I definitely need 
blink.gif
 to work on...

Yea, the Bamboozle is really good, trust me
biggrin.gif
 I only tried it iced though, iced with honey was definately the best combo.

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #266 of 750
Feb 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #267 of 750
First Flush teas are great here. Be prepared to be astonished when inspecting the package wrapping... http://www.darjeelingteaboutique.com/

I've been getting into the first flush stuff too in the last few months. At first it took a few brews to appreciate, but now I find there is something almost refreshing about them.

A couple of weeks ago I had a great talk with the proprietor of a wonderful little tea shop not too far from my place, he explained all about first flush and gave me his brewing tips. Very nice gent. (And he stocks some excellent jasmine pearls :wink: )

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #268 of 750
I get most of my tea from family in China when they visit, though I'll order some tea from a site called teaspring.com that I've had good experiences with in the past.  I drink primarily Chinese green or oolong teas.

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #269 of 750
Quote:
I've been getting into the first flush stuff too in the last few months. At first it took a few brews to appreciate, but now I find there is something almost refreshing about them.

A couple of weeks ago I had a great talk with the proprietor of a wonderful little tea shop not too far from my place, he explained all about first flush and gave me his brewing tips. Very nice gent. (And he stocks some excellent jasmine pearls
wink.gif
)

So - what was the secret brewing tips?

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #270 of 750
Quote:
I get most of my tea from family in China when they visit, though I'll order some tea from a site called teaspring.com that I've had good experiences with in the past.  I drink primarily Chinese green or oolong teas.

Perhaps, we should have a mini-mini meet...complete with green tea. 
biggrin.gif
 I'm hangin' in the Bay for a couple of months and then back to LA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back