tea-fi / Yixing-fi
May 3, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #16 of 22
I love tea. Pu-Erh was my favorite bag tea until I discovered loose leaf. I still drink it occasionally. Best secret discovery was, believe it or not, Wegman's loose leaf Pu-Erh that they sell at that bag-it-yourself counter. It's dark and rich and has a nice earthiness to it, almost like the tea equivalent of a stout or a porter.

Personally, my favorite black tea is a good English Breakfast blend -- what can I say? Wegman's (yes, again) and My Organic Market both sell exquisite English Breakfasts.

Of the online community, I really like Upton Tea Imports and Adagio Teas -- I'm a recent convert to Upton Tea Imports, so haven't really tapped into any favorites yet -- I like everything I've tried so far, though, so I will develop some favorites eventually, I think. But I need to drink what I have.

Adagio Teas -- Darjeeling #22 and Fujian Baroque and Green Citron are ones that I've ordered in larger quantities after the initial samples were consumed.

I like some Genmaicha's, but really dislike the popcorn flavoring of Adagio Teas' -- it just strikes me as an odd combination of flavors. Maybe I just don't really like Genmaicha. But there is one bag one that I like, don't know it's name (can't read it).

May 4, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone here that enjoys matcha tea?

Love macha. I've never had it outside of Japan, but it's great. It's funny, all of my Japanese coworkers hated it. So I would be given all the macha flavored treats and stuff we'd get in the office. Anyway, it's awesome.

May 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by lifesundeath /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love macha. I've never had it outside of Japan, but it's great. It's funny, all of my Japanese coworkers hated it. So I would be given all the macha flavored treats and stuff we'd get in the office. Anyway, it's awesome.

Amen...macha ice cream is awesome, though I've never really been into Japanese greens, drinking-wise.

May 6, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #22 of 22
Went from Gunpowder to Irish Breakfast as my blend of choice. I get my stuff from Teavanna, brew 8-12 cups or more a day.

My grandmother told me she just got some loose-leaf black tea from her trip to Stockholm that she wants to give me because she doesn't drink loose-leaf.

^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back