tdk st750
Mar 14, 2013 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

doggrell3000

New Head-Fier
has anybody heard these new tdk st750 headphones ? i am intrigued because they have a built in amplifier . they can be had for $149.99 including shipping at b&h .

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=900821&is=REG&Q=&A=details

here is what i have read so far :

Built-in amplifier increases the volume 6dB, enhances bass performance, reduces distortion and compensates for low power on MP3 devices
High performance 40 mm drivers that deliver balanced sound with rich bass and pristine vocals
Lightweight, low profile design is perfect for an active lifestyle or frequent travel
Superior materials and components that deliver a distinct look and enhanced durability

From the Manufacturer

Experience your favorite music in high fidelity with the TDK ST750 Headphones. Featuring a built-in amplifier and high-grade drivers, these headphones deliver powerful, resonant audio performance that immerses you in sound. They also feature an around-the-ear design that isolates sound so you can enjoy your music at work, during commutes, or in other noisy environments. With their vintage design and padded ear cushions, the headphones let you listen in comfort.
TDK ST750 Headphones

Delivers powerful, resonant audio performance that immerses you in sound. View larger.
TDK ST750 Headphones

Distinctive metal accents and textured finish offer a vintage look and optimal comfort. View larger.
Built-In Amplifier Enhances Your Music

The TDK ST750 Headphones are equipped with a built-in amplifier, giving your music a richer, more full-bodied sound (requires two AAA batteries, included). The amplifier can increase volume by up to 6 dB, helping the headphones compensate for the low power output of some MP3 players. It also enriches bass content, adding depth and resonance that rivals stereo systems.
Full-bodied Sound with 40-Millimeter Drivers

Using high-performance 40-millimeter drivers, the headphones deliver sound that is defined and full-bodied without being overdriven. Thanks to their precision engineering, the drivers can accurately reproduce your music across a full range of frequencies. Treble frequencies are rendered in crisp detail, free of tinny sound. You'll also enjoy deeper, tighter, and more resonant bass response.
Sound-Isolating Design Blocks Background Noise

With their over-the-ear design and superior acoustic engineering, the ST750 headphones offer an immersive listening experience. The ear cushions utilize high-grade memory foam to create an acoustic seal that blocks out ambient noise so you'll be able to listen to your music in any environment without the distraction of background noise.
Comfortable and Durable Vintage Design

With their distinctive metal accents and textured finish, the headphones have a vintage look. They rest gently on your head, ensuring optimal comfort while you listen. They also feature soft, oversize ear cushions that offer comfort during extended listening sessions. And with their durable, rugged construction, the headphones can withstand heavy use.
Compatibility and Warranty Information

The TDK ST750 Headphones are compatible with any audio device with a 3.5-millimeter audio input. They are backed by a one-year limited warranty.
What's in the Box

ST750 Headphones, storage pouch, shirt clip, and two AAA batteries.

amazon review :

I used my ST750 Headphones none stop for the last two month and they are just amazing! They have one of the best sound qualities i've ver experienced - and I used a lot of high prize headphones in the last years! Especially the built in Amplifier boost sound quality enormously if e.g. used with an iPhone! The only thing I don't like about them is the Isolation. People around you can hear everything you hear even if you're on a normal/low volume - but you can't hear them! Basically the isolation only works one-way.

and some pics :

i would like to hear from anybody that has heard these phones . the built in amp thing sounds like a good idea . i hope they are not just for bass heads . $149.99 shipped is a nice affordable price . the amazon reviewer said that they are totally audible to other people in the same room which is a drawback but totally isolated for the user . thank you for your interest and feedback .

doggrell3000
new york ny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back