TBSE1 w/ detachable audio cable - Wanting to add detachable mic.
Oct 8, 2012 at 5:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

WickedZen

New Head-Fier
[size=9.5pt]      I had been using a Creative Fatality headset for gaming on my laptop. After doing several cable repairs, and the headphone jack starting to go out, I started shopping for  a new headset. After doing some research, and finding a great deal for $49, I bought the TBSE1 version of the DJ100 headphones. My previous headset had a detachable mic, a feature I really liked, and the detachable cable was a big part of my decision to get the TBSE1.  I want to mod the headphones with a jack to plug in my detachable mic, which plugs into a standard 3.5mm jack. I should have my headphones in a few days, and I want to get a jump start the mod.[/size]
[size=9.5pt]    What I would like to do is install a jack into the headphones to plug in, and remove as needed, the detachable mic, and only have to use a single detachable audio cable. What I am uncertain about is what wiring will be required for the detachable mic jack. Would there be a way to do it so I can run just a single cable from the audio jack in the headphone, with two 3.5mm heads – one for headphone and one for mic that would plug into my laptop. If not, or if that setup would particularly problematic, then I would just look at having separate cables but sleeving them together into a single cable.[/size]
[size=9.5pt]     So quick review, I will have headphones already setup with a detachable cord. I want to add a 3.5mm jack to plug in my detachable mic and I would prefer to run a single cord from the audio jack with one end having the two jacks to plug into headphone and mic OR just have to separate cables then sleeve the together but really do not want to have to go this route. I am sure I will have a better idea of my options when I receive them, but I am trying to get a jump on making sure I have the supplies I need and only have my current headset to look at for any idea of what I am looking at for wiring.[/size]
[size=9.5pt]    Examining my current headset, which is wired and not detachable, one blue wire goes to the left driver and a gold, green, white and red which are soldered to a small board, which is what the detachable mic plugs into. From the board, the gold wire goes to the left driver, then another blue wire and gold wire go through the headset to the other side to attach to the right side driver. However as the TBSE1 is setup for the detachable cord I am uncertain of how it is wired.[/size]
[size=9.5pt]    Does anyone have any pics of the wiring or can give me a heads-up of what I will be looking at? Thank you.[/size]

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #2 of 2
   My initial thoughts after receiving my headphones, I will post again once I use them more.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/631338/my-newbie-review-of-the-tbse1-special-edition-koss-prodj100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back