TBAAM help please
Feb 27, 2007 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

souperman

Headphoneus Supremus
i don't know if you guys can help but i don't know where to turn to. recently i've been using my TBAAM that i just got and it just keeps turning off on me after long usage. i have to unplug and replug it back in. i am using asio4all i don't know if that's doing anything to it, but its getting kind of annoying. after i replug it in everything is fine, but the blue light turns off sometimes after i listen to my headphones for awhile. any help is appreciated or redirecting me somewhere to deal with the problem. thanks!

Feb 27, 2007 at 9:55 AM Post #2 of 14
Heh! Sounds like a faulty conductor somewhere. I think you may just have to replace it somewhere down the line.

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:27 PM Post #3 of 14
From TBAAM FAQ on the vendors site:
Quote:

Blue Light turns off - Sound idle timeout:
Q: I have been using your sound card for a while now and it works great.
I have found, however, that it seems to time out and turn off when playing
back long audio files. The blue light turns off and unplugging the USB and
plugging it back in seems to reset it. I use the Audio Advantage Micro on
a WinXP Pro, Dell Desktop PC with Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones. Is
this a known bug or do you have any ideas what might be causing this
sudden disruption?

A: The blue light signifies that the AA Micro is receiving power from the USB
port. When the USB port is "overloaded" it will drop the power output a
fraction to devices that are not a priority. Unplugging the device and
re-inserting it will restore power to that particular port. If you have
any power saving features enabled, you could try disabling them. If you
have the AA Micro plugged into a hub, please try installing the device
directly on a USB port on your system.

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alleyman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From TBAAM FAQ on the vendors site:

oh lol. i guess ihave too much on my usb ports...that sucks cuz i use everything on there! should i just unplug something? and what are the power saving functions?

Feb 27, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

There's no way around the USB port overloading issue. By power options, I think they mean that dont run the notebook off batteries while operating TBAAM since its USB powered.

dammit
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 8:54 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

There's no way around the USB port overloading issue. By power options, I think they mean that dont run the notebook off batteries while operating TBAAM since its USB powered.

this is actually still occurring to me... and i never really run my laptop off of battery power. it's almost always plugged in. it is getting quite annoying...

does anyone else experience this and have a solution?

Mar 5, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you've tinkered with every possible power setting in Windows and your BIOS and is still occurring, maybe a powered USB hub?

i have a powered USB hub
frown.gif
. i'll try tinkering with the power settings. anybody else?

edit: i don't know what other power setting is good. i have it on always on and everything is on except the monitor turns off at 20 minutes. what power settings are in the BIOS?

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a powered USB hub
frown.gif
. i'll try tinkering with the power settings. anybody else?

edit: i don't know what other power setting is good. i have it on always on and everything is on except the monitor turns off at 20 minutes. what power settings are in the BIOS?

Certain motherboards may have power saving features in the BIOS, but I guess it was just a suggestion to check if there were any. I can't recall if I've come across any that related specifically to USB

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #14 of 14
Try looking up system->Hardware->Device Management->USB-controllers
( I am not sure whether that is the right translation since I am using a Dutch version of windows right now)

When you see all your USB devices. ( not the one in the audio tab) you should try to look up the TBAAM. If you found it check the tab energy management. - Note that not all the USB device have this tab - If you found you should see a sentence which says something like: "The computer is allowed to shut down this device to save energy." If it's checked, uncheck it.

That's pretty much where I can come up with right now. It also might be a I/O conflict, but I suggest you try this first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back