TBAAM 4.1 speaker question
Jan 19, 2008 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ichiboy

100+ Head-Fier
Hey head-fi, long time no see. Anyways, I come to you with sort of a dumb question. I'm having a party and using a turtle beach audio advantage micro with my laptop along with my Klipsch promedia 4.1's (keep in mind as a college student I don't use speakers that much, hence the low-fi here, besides they're cheap effective solutions). Anyways, If I were to buy a splitter so I could plug all 4 channels in, would that work out well or sound terrible? Otherwise I think I might try to borrow a buffer usb audio solution for tomorrow.

Yep, dumb question and I'll lose whatever esteem I had here but there you go :p.

Jan 19, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 2
The splitter will give you four-speaker stereo; the left front and back speakers will receive the same signal, as will the right front and back speakers. This would results in an odd soundstage for an individual sitting in the middle of the room.

For a party, though, this should be pretty good, as it will increase any individual listener's odds of being able to hear both the right and left channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back