TBAA Drivers = Horrible?
Aug 3, 2005 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Distroyed

1000+ Head-Fier
So I jsut got my Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro today, plugged it in without the drivers, and was fairly pleased with the Senn HD 201 combination. I figured I'd throw the cd drivers on since I plan on playing a few games on my laptop from time to time, only to suddenly notice a noise floor everytime I hit play now. Since I didnt listen particularly closely before installing the drivers, has anyone else noticed this, or is there the noticeable noisefloor without the cd drivers installed?

Aug 3, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 4
I tried out the TBAA on another pc, and then uninstalled the drivers on my laptop and reinstalled the native USB drivers. And my suspicions are confirmed; the cd drivers required to take advantage of the Turtle Beach software causes a huge noisefloor everytime the wav channel is engaged. Ugh, how dissapointing... it's like a Creative product; solid hardware, horrible software. I rather liked the EQ the drivers had since it went all the way down to 20hz, but I guess I'll have to find another.

Does anyone know of a way to get the best of both worlds? There's gotta be some way to force the TBAA Control Panel to recognizing its own native usb drivers properly....

Edit:: I think I've figured out a work-around for those of us who want the quality of the native drivers and the 3d effects for games. Install the software and cd drivers as usual in one usb port, then switch the player to a different usb port, and install the native usb drivers. The cd drivers and software won't load unless the TBAA is in the usb slot that you originally had it in when the drivers were installed!

Aug 3, 2005 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 4
Does the same happen when you use 48 kHz instead of 44.1 kHz? Might be a case of USB-induced jitter.

Aug 3, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 4
That was a good idea, and I gave it a shot. Unfortuantely, resampling made no difference. My bet is there's some processing from the software going on with all frequencies at all times. Like an Audigy without the ability to turn off a generic EAX processing. Actually I should try uninstalling the software and leaving the cd drivers to see if it is indeed the sotware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back