Taylor Swift's "Fearless"
Feb 5, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I said this before and I'll say it again: She sounds like somebody trying to sing badly written love-torn middle school poems.

Exactly. The worst thing is that she tries to sing and perform it with conviction, yet it ends up sounding lacklustre with no excitement or energy.

Feb 6, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #18 of 27
Feb 6, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

I tried listening to it a few months ago, and I couldn't stand it after the second song.

Without even hearing it, I know I wont like it. I know its that country love ballad crap. Shes cute, though. I give her three years and then POOF!

Feb 7, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Without even hearing it, I know I wont like it. I know its that country love ballad crap. Shes cute, though. I give her three years and then POOF!

The media has risen her to glory. They'll break her down in a few years, it's nothing new.
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #21 of 27
From her album, the only song I only constantly listen to is "You Belong With Me," but even so she's not that great, at least not yet. Swift may look gorgeous, but her voice more training; it's not as mature as like Celine Dion or Carrie Underwood.

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #22 of 27
If its up for a grammy, I typically try to avoid it, with some exceptions. My hatred for Ms. Swift's songs mostly comes from that "Fifteen" song being played over and over on the speakers at work while I unload trucks all night.

Cheers,
Zach

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by gzone3lement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Swift may look gorgeous, but her voice more training; it's not as mature as like Celine Dion or Carrie Underwood.

Not sure about Carrie since I don't listen to her, but Celine is different beast. She's in another class.

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure about Carrie since I don't listen to her, but Celine is different beast. She's in another class.

indeed, i may not like celine dion's music, but she sure can sing

Oct 8, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #25 of 27
  Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

indeed, i may not like celine dion's music, but she sure can sing

Yes, Celine can sing.  But she can't write a song to save her life, nor play an instrument AFAIK.  Taylor though - Six NSAI songwriter of the year awards so far (the most of any artist EVER, beating Alan Jackson who previously had 5), considered a songwriting savant by many in the industry.  Most of the songs of Fearless were written  when she was 16, at high school, some of them even earlier than that.  I find it ironic that Celine presented Taylor with the top artist award last year at the Billboard awards.  Taylor plays the guitar (acoustic, both 6 and 12 string, electric), ukelele, ganjo and piano.  Taylor has 7 grammy awards so far in her career, Celine 5 (in a career that's spanned much longer than Taylor's!).  Taylor is the youngest ever songwriter signed to Sony Music - at age 14.  She's probably the most prolific songwriter since Dylan and Springsteen.  

Quote:

I tried listening to it a few months ago, and I couldn't stand it after the second song.

Bit of a fail there.  Fast forward 4 years and she's the hottest artist in the world in both the country & pop genres.  She's larger than her competitors - Katy Perry, Rihanna, Beyonce, just to name a few.  To give you some idea of her impact, she's only the 2nd artist to be awarded the CMA's pinnacle award, after Garth Brooks.  That's only given in very special circumstances when an artist has shown massive appeal to the country genre and helped in driving country sales with their influence.  

You may not like her, but she's hear to stay.  BTW, many artists disagree with you about her being any good - artists such as Jon Bon Jovi, Dolly Parton, Kris Kristofferson, Stevie Nicks, James Taylor (whom Taylor was named after), Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen.  
Just couldn't help with my 2c worth :p

Oct 8, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #26 of 27
  Bit of a fail there.  Fast forward 4 years and she's the hottest artist in the world in both the country & pop genres.  She's larger than her competitors - Katy Perry, Rihanna, Beyonce, just to name a few.  To give you some idea of her impact, she's only the 2nd artist to be awarded the CMA's pinnacle award, after Garth Brooks.  That's only given in very special circumstances when an artist has shown massive appeal to the country genre and helped in driving country sales with their influence.  

You might want to take a look at the dates of the posts you're replying to. Just saying.

Oct 8, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #27 of 27
  You might want to take a look at the dates of the posts you're replying to. Just saying.

I was aware of how old the thread was - but I couldn't resist replying to the person in my quote just to prove them wrong.  

haters gonna hate hate hate.  Fans of Taylor will just shake it off  :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back