tattoo etiquette??
Sep 29, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, my arm band is not that obscure - but it's a little blury these days after being on my arm for 20 years.

I'd have it redone if it's that blurry. Tattoes shouldn't fade if they're done properly and you use sunscreen on it. Please note, I'm not saying your tattoo doesn't look good, it's just that most tattooists unfortunately spend more time learning how to make the tattoo look good as opposed to learning how to make it last. This entails studying the anatomy of skin, which most tattooists don't bother with. If the tattooist isn't constantly readjusting the needle's depth, much of the ink will go into the wrong layer of skin, which leads to bleeding of the image and fading.

I have tattooes that are 15 years old which haven't faded at all.

Sep 29, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #32 of 36
When I first saw this thread title I thought it was going to be about tatooes that really shouldn't be seen in public.

It's great when kids are around some guy that has raunchy naked woman tattoes all over his arms. /sarcasm

Not a huge deal, just weird to me.

Sep 29, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had your kidney area tattooed yet? Ouch ouch ouch
blink.gif

No. Not yet. Looking forward to it though.

I have shoved 14ga spinal tap needles through that area though. Not sure which would be worse.

Sep 29, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

I'd have it redone if it's that blurry. Tattoes shouldn't fade if they're done properly and you use sunscreen on it. Please note, I'm not saying your tattoo doesn't look good, it's just that most tattooists unfortunately spend more time learning how to make the tattoo look good as opposed to learning how to make it last. This entails studying the anatomy of skin, which most tattooists don't bother with. If the tattooist isn't constantly readjusting the needle's depth, much of the ink will go into the wrong layer of skin, which leads to bleeding of the image and fading.

I have tattooes that are 15 years old which haven't faded at all.

Not true. Tattoos can fade for any number or reasons. Especially tattoos that were done in the 1980's. Poor ink quality, watered down ink, ink that wasn't properly pushed into the skin, someone who tanned a lot within the first 6 months of the tattoo, the list goes on.

A properly done tattoo, however, should never fade. Techniques and equipment have changed, a LOT. There's a lot of bad tattoos out there, done in back room, at biker rallies, and by people that never should pick up a machine. Sorry to hear your ink faded.

Sep 29, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypictures /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not true. Tattoos can fade for any number or reasons. Especially tattoos that were done in the 1980's. Poor ink quality, watered down ink, ink that wasn't properly pushed into the skin, someone who tanned a lot within the first 6 months of the tattoo, the list goes on.

A properly done tattoo, however, should never fade. Techniques and equipment have changed, a LOT. There's a lot of bad tattoos out there, done in back room, at biker rallies, and by people that never should pick up a machine. Sorry to hear your ink faded.

Hey, you quoted the wrong guy... I'm the one who's tattoos didn't fade. I'm on your side
wink.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Hey, you quoted the wrong guy... I'm the one who's tattoos didn't fade. I'm on your side
wink.gif

Ack!!! Sorry about that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back