Target sells everything...
Oct 1, 2006 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

VR6ofpain

Headphoneus Supremus
I have all been impressed/amused that Target sells everything from toilet paper to men's suits (nice quality, Made in India)...but this evening I noticed they now carry Tivoli Audio! I have always been intrigued by the little Model One radio, but had never seen one first hand. I was amazed at how much smaller it is in person. The thing is almost half the size of what I originally guessed it would be (should have looked at the measurements I guess). More importantly, all their hype really isn't hype at all. For a speaker measure 3" tops, it sound very 'big'. In fact I think it sounded far superior to a stupid Wave Radio CD I heard a while back. Considering they get that out of a single ported ~3" driver is very impressive (maybe it has some sort of DSP or something). I also really dug the yellow light that varied in brightness depending on how close you were tuned to the station. The 'geared' tuning knob was also very accurate for precise tuning (though I guess a digital one is the same, though the knob just feels right).

It seems to be a great radio for the $120 they ask for it, plus you no longer have to buy it online. I need to look into Target's return policy and possibly pick one up to try at home (use the input to play some CD's through it). It would be a great casual listening box for when you are just sitting back and relaxing.

Oct 1, 2006 at 7:48 AM Post #2 of 34
Have you ever been to Sam's Club?

You'd love that place. They even sell vending machines there! AND the stuff that should go inside them!

Oct 1, 2006 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 34
Target is clearing out their Monster Cable inventory. Normally, Monster Cable stuff is overpriced, but I just can't resist a 1 meter digital coax cable "redtagged" at $5.00 (normally $20.00). So go look for some bargains....

Also picked up 5-pak Sony blank minidiscs for $3.13/each....got seven of those (I cleared out the store's entire inventory
biggrin.gif
).

mdtargetsale.jpg

Oct 1, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 34
I've got a Tivoli PAL radio, love the engineering that goes into making that thing sound good. The tuner is basically digital btw, it has an electronic "locking" feature, so you're paying for a fancy geared dial on a digital mechanism. Either way though it's still impressive and I've never had a problem getting a station. My PAL even sounds good in a loud diesel truck, whether I'm listening to the radio or an el cheapo portable CD player plugged in to the AUX jack.

They also make a good FM source for the headphone rig.

Oct 1, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #5 of 34
I love Target, a lot of great bargains. Not to mention that, around here anyways, the MILF factor is usually pretty high too!
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6
I love Target, a lot of great bargains. Not to mention that, around here anyways, the MILF factor is usually pretty high too!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Yeah I like Target also, I bought Far Cry back when it was still in the $20-$30 range for 5 bucks.

Oct 1, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

biggrin.gif

I like Target too, of course not for that reason
tongue.gif

The last time I was at Target I noticed the Tivoli at the end of an isle on display. I listened but there was too much crowd noise to get a good listen.

Several months ago Target added more food- yea! pizza and ice cream.

Oct 1, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
Really? I think I am still too young for that age bracket
biggrin.gif

Your loss.

But don't worry, you're sure to see the light eventually.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #12 of 34
My local Target definetly has much better MILFs than places like Wal-Mart. I've noticed much more attractive women at my local Target than I have at my local Wal-Mart. Target's also much cleaner and has a better/fresher atmosphere than Wal-Mart.

Oct 2, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Target's also much cleaner and has a better/fresher atmosphere than Wal-Mart.

That's probably why the MILF's tend to congregate there.

Oct 2, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

That's probably why the MILF's tend to congregate there.

From my own personal observation, and compared to those at Walmart, women of all ages tends to be more attractive at the Target stores around here. Nothing against them, but my local Walmart tends to hire grannies who don't speak English.

BTW, my local Target started carrying KEF and Athena Technologies speakers. Can't wait til those get "red-tagged"
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #15 of 34
I was suprised that my local target sells Kef ... what could be next? Grado headphones (I thought grado headphone, if in red, would complement the Target logo very sell
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back