Tara Labs RSC Air 3?
Oct 19, 2001 at 9:36 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by mcbiff
Can anyone comment on these cables? Would they work well with my equipment?

mcbiff,

I own a pair of Tara Labs RSC Reference Gen 2's, which are a few notches below the RSC Air3's, and I think they're excellent in my system.

Oct 19, 2001 at 9:40 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by jude

mcbiff,

I own a pair of Tara Labs RSC Reference Gen 2's, which are a few notches below the RSC Air3's, and I think they're excellent in my system.

Thanks for the quick reply. How would you describe their sound?

Oct 19, 2001 at 9:52 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Thanks fot the quick reply. How would you describe their sound?

mcbiff, I can't describe the Air3's because I haven't tried them (but I will soon be trying the Air2's and Air1's). In my rig, the RSC Reference Gen 2's are smooth, compared to the Audioquest Corals I had before, and especially compared to the Silver Sonic BL-1 Series II interconnects I also had.

The RSC Reference Gen 2's are a warmer sounding cable than the Corals, and much warmer than the Silver Sonics. Nevertheless, I found the RSC Reference Gen 2's to convey greater overall detail than the Corals and Silver Sonics, as well as signifcantly better bass presentation.

I would imagine that the Air3's are even better.

Of course, results vary from rig to rig, but I dig'em in mine.

Oct 19, 2001 at 10:02 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Warm-sounding *and* detailed? This sounds like heaven! I'm definitely gonna check them out closer, would you say that ~$190 or thereabouts is a reasonable price to pay for 'em (used, 1m)?

Yeah, detailed and warm sounding -- and it is a solid combo. I always figured it had to be a trade-off, but they proved otherwise in my rig.

Regarding the $190/meter/pair price -- if they're in good condition, I'd think that's a good price, as I believe the Air3's retail for $295/meter/pair.

If you go with them, please let us know what you think of them (why do I have a feeling that I didn't need to ask you in advance to do that?
wink.gif
).

Oct 19, 2001 at 10:09 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by jude

Yeah, detailed and warm sounding -- and it is a solid combo. I always figured it had to be a trade-off, but they proved otherwise in my rig.

Regarding the $190/meter/pair price -- if they're in good condition, I'd think that's a good price, as I believe the Air3's retail for $295/meter/pair.

If you go with them, please let us know what you think of them (why do I have a feeling that I didn't need to ask you in advance to do that?
wink.gif
).

I think I will go for it. And don't worry, there will definitely be a write-up. I can compare them to my VdHs and see what I find.

Oct 19, 2001 at 10:13 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

I think I will go for it. And don't worry, there will definitely be a write-up. I can compare them to my VdHs and see what I find.

Fantastic, man! I'll be looking forward to your write-up, especially since I know so little about those VdH's, so seeing any comparative comments would be very interesting.

Oct 22, 2001 at 1:15 PM Post #9 of 9
Ok, the deal is sealed. I just transferred ~$188 to the seller and I should be getting them this week. I spoke to him on the phone and he told me that they are barely burnt in (not more than 6 months old) and that he's treated them like they were his children.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm very excited, this should be great. No more IC upgrades for a good while.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: The price may not seem spectacular, but keep in mind that retail price for a 1m pair here in Sweden is ~$420. Pretty good deal IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back