TangZu Zetian Wu Heyday Edition ( buying advice )with XD-05Basic dac and smartphone advice
Jan 13, 2023 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

yamakashi27

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody,im fairly new in this iem world. I know somewhat now more after tons of reviews and readings on this forum and others and youtube videos also.im owning the tin t2 dlc and the blon bl03. So im so far now that i like what iems are offering. A new world has opened for me. Before my discovery of iems i thought for good sound i had to buy wayyyy expensive headphones to enjoy music but when my footsteps went into iems it doesnt have to be expensive to enjoy great sound. So after lots of research i also bought the xduoo XD-05Basic dac amp.it was the most closeby in my budget range,not to expensive for the power it can deliver. Im enjoying the dac with my smartphone as a music player. So now im in the stage that im looking for a so what complete,i know its not always possible but somehow a balanced iem that can be used for the most genres of music. Watched tons of reviews but there is always give and take with iems.so by accident if saw the tangzu zetian wu and the tangzu zetian wu heyday edition and i finally think i found the right iem for my needs and mostly for the most genres music in my library.
There are two things what im questioning myself and hope to get the answer or advice here.
Im leaning more to the heyday edition because of that the bass is not too much and the clean treble compared to the standard wu. But the big question is its planar and what i read and heard,planars are difficult to drive. So my big question will the xduoo XD-05Basic dac be able to drive it without damaging the music quality and i think it could driven by my smartphone but with a bit more power it can bring more out ftom the planar.
Im not an audiophile, im just enjoying good music without having to buy a iem for each different genres of music. And im loving the iem quality. For me its the best discovery ever.
Im not in the process of buying and collecting iems as a hobby. The heyday is also tuned by HBB and hus library comes close to mine.
Will this be a good buy,and can the xduoo XD-05Basic drive it and which one to choose. I saved up and my choice would be the heyday but the first options has to be checked for me before pulling the trigger.
If there are other options im ready to get advice what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Gr danny

Jan 13, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #2 of 6
You will be fine. I just got my Heyday yesterday and it is not that hard to drive. Generally, IEMs are not that hard to drive even planar. From my collection of planar IEMs, the Heyday is top tier in tuning so far.

Jan 14, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #3 of 6
You will be fine. I just got my Heyday yesterday and it is not that hard to drive. Generally, IEMs are not that hard to drive even planar. From my collection of planar IEMs, the Heyday is top tier in tuning so far.
Thank you voicemaster for youre reply.glad to hear that because my search for a good allround iem is a hassle the last weeks to months. And i like the heyday very much. Oke i think i will pull the trigger for it.how is the fit for you. Does ot feel big and do you use a specific tip for best fit.thank you.

Jan 14, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #4 of 6
Thank you voicemaster for youre reply.glad to hear that because my search for a good allround iem is a hassle the last weeks to months. And i like the heyday very much. Oke i think i will pull the trigger for it.how is the fit for you. Does ot feel big and do you use a specific tip for best fit.thank you.
It doesn't feel big but it will protrude a little bit since the shell is fat. It fit me nicely tho. I am using this tips: AZLA SednaEarfitLight 2 Pairs (Size L) https://a.co/d/3Wthzgs

I haven't tried Moondrop Spring tips yet but I will try it today because spring tips is my favorite tips.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #5 of 6
It doesn't feel big but it will protrude a little bit since the shell is fat. It fit me nicely tho. I am using this tips: AZLA SednaEarfitLight 2 Pairs (Size L) https://a.co/d/3Wthzgs

I haven't tried Moondrop Spring tips yet but I will try it today because spring tips is my favorite tips.
Thanks forcthe time to reply. Thank you very much. I will check the tips out. Im glad to hear youre experience with the heyday. I will let you know how my experience will be with it. It will take some time to arrive for my order if ill buy it from linsoul. Somewhere in february i guess. Thank you very much.

Jan 17, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks forcthe time to reply. Thank you very much. I will check the tips out. Im glad to hear youre experience with the heyday. I will let you know how my experience will be with it. It will take some time to arrive for my order if ill buy it from linsoul. Somewhere in february i guess. Thank you very much.
Damn it is a long time wait lol. Took 19 days to receive mine, but I ordered on Dec 24 so holidays make it a bit longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back