Tangent's dual DIP opamp adapter is now available from Browndog
Dec 2, 2002 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

morsel

1000+ Head-Fier
http://brndog.com/SingletoDualDIP.html
021001.JPG

Dec 2, 2002 at 11:32 PM Post #2 of 7
Is that really Tangent's design that they adopted?

BTW Morsel....welcome back.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2002 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Is that really Tangent's design that they adopted?

I'm wondering the same thing.
confused.gif
It looks to be the same as tangent's. . . Can tangent comment? Can they do this without his permission?

Dec 3, 2002 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 7
Seeing as Morsel designed the famous single-SOIC-opamp -> dual DIP pinout adapter, it probably is... and Tangent's had the single-DIP -> dual DIP adapter unavailible on his website for a while now.

Congratulations Tangent!

Dec 3, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #5 of 7
Maybe I should save the few "Tangent Originals" that I have left. Definitely congratulations Tangent!!

Dec 3, 2002 at 2:23 AM Post #6 of 7
Is BrownDog usually willing to take in designs for these kind of adapters from anyone if they feel it is useful enough?

Dec 3, 2002 at 3:52 AM Post #7 of 7
Yes, it's my design. I was sick and tired of hammering, soldering, cutting, and grinding bloody DIP pins, so I conned Cimmaron/BrownDog into building them for me.
wink.gif
The result looks better than mine, doesn't require the special sockets, and isn't any more expensive. I give up the profit, but I also give up the hassle. A good deal all around.

In case it's not clear: I didn't "sell" the design, and I'm not getting a royalty. I have no profit interest in publicizing this deal, but I would like Cimmaron to be successful with the design. The guy does good work, and I appreciate the way he's helping out us DIYers with these sticky little problems. May he get steenking rich as a result of his useful service.

Quote:

Maybe I should save the few "Tangent Originals" that I have left.

Yes, do save one. For the comedy value.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Is BrownDog usually willing to take in designs for these kind of adapters from anyone if they feel it is useful enough?

Possum, BrownDog is basically this one guy who has a side business building these adapters. So, he has limited resources, but he's willing to entertain ideas. I think he accepted mine because of the success of Morsel's dual SO-8 to DIP-8 op-amp adapter, and also because I gave him a design that was already successful. There was little risk for him -- it was just a question of whether he wanted the business or not, as opposed to a question of whether the business existed at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back