1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Tanchjim Oxygen Impressions Thread

First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. SilverEars
    Why do you find that weird? Because the price discrepancy? Although people do call out high price difference comparison isn't fair, I like to root for the underdogs (or cheap ones). Lol

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  2. warriorpoet
    It's weird because the description of differences universally praises the Oxygen over the Blon. I'd LOVE to pay less for an Oxygen, but if the Oxygen is entirely better to what it's being compared to, what's the point?

It's not a matter of price difference; it's a matter of performance.

I compare to Usain Bolt. We're both people, we're both runners, we both run lots of miles on tracks- he's just entirely faster. But see, no one would compare me to Usain Bolt because it's absurd. This comparison is ridiculous because the only connection between the two is that both are single DDs that are, maybe possibly, tuned by the same person to entirely different price/ performance points. It's Usain Bolt vs a balding middle age dude. :wink:

Silly? Of course.

Ahmad313 likes this.
  3. vas-tomsk
    TANCHJIM Oxygen ASANO TANCH LIMITED EDITION (500 pieces worldwide. Reservations will begin on September 10, 2019. The release is scheduled for September 15, 2019.):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Markolav and bahamot like this.
  4. Makahl
    Nice! But... no black version? Only this faceplate with this anime thing as an option? :thinking:

5. Ahmad313
    The unique of new limited edition Oxygen. Compared with ordinary oxygen, it makes certain sound modifications, adding the bass and sub-bass, protruding human voice.
    FB_IMG_1568034446454.jpg FB_IMG_1568034442012.jpg FB_IMG_1568034452658.jpg FB_IMG_1567754488062.jpg FB_IMG_1568034458096.jpg

davidmolliere likes this.
  6. SilverEars
    Certainly looks nice with the etched art, but personally I do not want anime art on it. It would be cool if people had options to personalize art on the iem. Does it come with the miniature briefcase looking case or is that just for show?

I do prefer these minimalist desigs compared to too much machining designs going on.

Looking at the screw on nozzle, I wonder if it's possible to get variable nozzle length with a screw on types so that the nozzle lengths are flexable to accomodate various ear types.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    warriorpoet likes this.
  7. redrol
    Yeah these stupid cartoon characters do not appeal to a 'normal' western audience. I'm not sure they really get the fact that its weird and creepy for an adult man to have picture of a cartoon girl on his headphones. I get that it is 'Chinese Culture' to like these things but come on man, keep in mind you have an international audience.

8. kova4a
    Well, first of all, she's Tanchjim's mascot, so she's not just some random anime character. Second of all, Tanchjim is not a Japanese character, so technically she's not an anime character at all. And finally, this limited edition release is not intended for "western audiences", it is strictly a Japanese exclusive, so it actually caters to its audience.

PaganDL and warriorpoet like this.
  9. warriorpoet
    The nozzles and new cable in a package for existing customers would be AWESOME.

Markolav likes this.
  10. augustr
    I don't think these nozzles are compatible with the current model Oxygen. Also, the nozzle seems to be a tad longer in the limited edition, which kinda hints at a updated Oxygen coming out soon.

warriorpoet likes this.
  11. warriorpoet
    IIRC Tanchjim has confirmed an updated Oxygen, and, my personal favorite, a CIEM in October.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  12. toranku
    DD and CIEM...easy to screw up.

13. kova4a
    Well, apparently the limited version of the oxygen is not just a redesign of the nozzles and adding exchangeable filters but also has a big redesign of the internal structure of the housings, the drivers etc. They are postponing the release with another month for further improvements. Now I'm sure they'll be doing a wide release of the new version as this is way too much work to just sell the 500 limited edition units.

14. warriorpoet
    I'm a little nervous about this, tbh. Not every change is improvement.

vas-tomsk and darmanastartes like this.
  15. snip3r77
    Is it very near to blon3?

First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35
Next

Last