Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 4, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #437 of 1,514
Will you attend The 2019 China Guangzhou International Headphone Expo in Guangzhou on 7th-8th this month? Tanchjim booth in B6, the new limited edition Oxygen will be exhibited, as well as a DAC headphone amplifier.
FB_IMG_1567569623758.jpg
FB_IMG_1567569619009.jpg

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #442 of 1,514
Blon BL03 and Tanchjim Oxygen, according to a industry insider they use the same carbon driver, tuned from the same people
I initially thought the graph was shoing two different channels, not a comparison of the two.

It's interesting how Chifi tuning is steering toward this similar target. I wonder if they are reverse engineering and tuning it similarly.

I hope to see more comparisons from iec coupler rigs.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #443 of 1,514
The graphs is similar, but I doubt that it uses the same driver as oxygen. A Brazilian member has the Blon and the Moondro Kanas (non-pro version) and he claims that, although the Blon is very good and has a similar sound signature, the bass quality of the Kanas is better (more fast and detailed bass).

Another thing to note is that although this graph is very similar, it wasn't measured with an IEC 711 Coupler. I believe that an measurement with a Coupler like this will show better the differences on the sound signature. The Tanchjim Cora is very similar to the Oxygen and Kanas Pro too, in terms of measurement. Is the best Iem I heard until now (I didn't heard the oxygen).

Sep 4, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #444 of 1,514
The graphs is similar, but I doubt that it uses the same driver as oxygen. A Brazilian member has the Blon and the Moondro Kanas (non-pro version) and he claims that, although the Blon is very good and has a similar sound signature, the bass quality of the Kanas is better (more fast and detailed bass).

Another thing to note is that although this graph is very similar, it wasn't measured with an IEC 711 Coupler. I believe that an measurement with a Coupler like this will show better the differences on the sound signature. The Tanchjim Cora is very similar to the Oxygen and Kanas Pro too, in terms of measurement. Is the best Iem I heard until now (I didn't heard the oxygen).
i have the regular Kanas as well, i know how it sounds

Sep 4, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #448 of 1,514
Sep 4, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #449 of 1,514
Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #450 of 1,514
Interesting quote in regards to comparison with Oxygen

"I have included this comparison despite the price differential because the two IEMs both utilize a single carbon nanotube dynamic driver and have very similar tunings. I vaguely remember reading that they were tuned by the same person."

" The Oxygen has better clarity and detail retrieval."
That was a weird comparison. "The Oxygen is better in every possible metric but comfort, but it might have been tuned by the same person and it is 6x the price."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back