Tampa Florida meet, Nov 19th
Nov 13, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #257 of 349
jp11801 and I just finished a bottling mini meet at Brewmasters. mrarroyo joined us. Here are some pics of the finished product:

headfi1.jpg

headfi6.jpg

headfi5.jpg

Nov 13, 2005 at 9:41 PM Post #261 of 349
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
tyrion the case I showed you today is the Model 1200 by Pelican. If you decide to get one make sure you order the U-Pick foam insert. Good luck.

Miguel

Thanks Miguel, I had good time today. I just put on a pot of coffee to keep me awake.
icon10.gif

Nov 13, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #262 of 349
Hey tyrion, try to bring some of that to the meet, eh?
icon10.gif

EDIT: Ah, just noticed the "Tampa Meet 11/19/05" on the label.

Nov 13, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #263 of 349
Quote:

Originally Posted by reeseboisse
Hey tyrion, try to bring some of that to the meet, eh?
icon10.gif

John and I are bringing up a case of 22oz. bottles for the meet.
icon10.gif

Nov 13, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #264 of 349
We'll be there early!

I'll bring my "modded" SR-60s, for whatever it's worth. A drop in the bucket, looking at that list, but hey.

Nov 13, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #265 of 349
I am still recovering from the apres-meet scotch-fest at my house after the NYC meet yesterday
blink.gif
, but I am really looking forward to the brew-skee meet...especially if it is homemade by youse guyz. My throat gets very parched when listening to good tunes.
cool.gif

Nov 13, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #266 of 349
Sampling the meet brew before the meet, just leave some for us. Of course handing out empty bottles as souvenirs would be sickly amusing.

I just looked at your profile Reeseboisse.

Quote:

SR60s are slightly modded: the rear button stating the model number was removed, 1 ferrite-core RF filter was installed right before the Y splitter, holes were cut in the soft pads to simulate flats, and the headband is padded with *very* fake fur.

Hehe, that sounds badass. Who woulda thunk it, a "fuzzy" Grado.

Nov 14, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #269 of 349
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
NYC Meet made it in Stereophile:

http://stereophile.com/news/111405headfi/

Glad that most of you are coming to the National in April
cool.gif

Aaron great write up made me really wish I was there. I was really glad they hit upon the sense of community. It's a real reason folks join and stay. It made me want to go tot he Natioanl all the more.

So nice meet but you still didn't have your own beer!!

Hey for April maybe we can brew up something special I just don't know if we can supply 100+.

Nov 14, 2005 at 8:19 PM Post #270 of 349
WOOHOO, I got a quiet room for half-price! Called up the hotel and asked if he had any empty conference rooms, he did and we're getting the one right next door to our original room. Price on the original room was $200, this one is half price for $100. I was beginning to fear a bit of cramping from just the one. I"ll cover the extra $100, no problem on that. SO I say the HE-90 setups, MikeG's R-10, and any other "premium" systems go in there. Ray & assorted systems go in the main room. ABSOLUTELY NO TALKING IN THE QUIET ROOM. I'll make signs if I have to!

================================================== ==============

I'm finishing up with the Beatles MFSL burns. You all had better appreciate me for this stuff! MFSL never did an official CD release of the Beatles material, only vinyl. So this dude Doc Ebbets took his insane vinyl rig and did the highest quality digital transfers he could find. These are all stereo versions from the US MFSL releases, but he also did a lot of mono original UK transfers. Either way, it's good stuff. Very rare and OOP of course, so take your legality fears elsewhere. These were downloaded from a lossless music bittorrent tracker which has high standards for ripping procedures.

The albums I'm burning are: With the Beatles, A Hard Day's Night, Help, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Peppers, White Album, Abbey Road, Let It Be.

I'm making 8 copies of each and another batch of DVD's for you computer savvy folks with a couple more of the older Beatles albums, and some extra MFSL and DCC goodness. Yeah it's been a lot of work but this stuff is worth sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back