Talking Pelican Cases
Oct 14, 2008 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

beep

New Head-Fier
I'm looking at getting a Pelican 1010 Micro Case to hold a Cowon iAudio D2 and a Minibox-E, from my maths they'll fit, but what does everyone else think with the cable (from player to amp and such) and everything. Will it fit? Also, is the valve removable or easy to remove with a drill or something? I'd like a hole for my headphones.

Oct 17, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #7 of 17
I've bought mine locally at Fry's Electronics, but you can pick them up from Ebay.

They are great cases. Be careful not to get your headphone cable in the way when you close the lid!

Just a side note, the cases with the colored tops have a layer of foam in the lid to prevent your precious gear from bouncing against the hard plastic. The bottom half of the case is lined with rubber.

I'm using a black 1050 right now. Big enough to hold 'phones, LOD, Ipod and amp.

Oct 17, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
56573054ee3.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

"He can talk! He can talk! He can talk!
He can talk! He can talk! He can talk!"

"And I can siiiiiiiiiiing!!!"
--The Simpsons

Brilliant.
beerchug.gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #9 of 17
LOL nice work wayfarer.

From what I can tell the interior dimensions include the space taken up by the rubber inserts, could anyone help me with how much space the take up?

Also, is the valve removable? Do you think it'd be easy to remove with a drill?

For those who posted from Melbourne, I found two online stores with retail outlets, Camera Action in Elizabeth Street and Digital Camera Warehouse in Northcote. For online in Aus, http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au seems the best, the others have pretty harsh shipping charges. Theres always eBay too.

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #10 of 17
There's a version with a 3.5mm bypass and ipod inserts/headphone sleeve (i1010). I used to hold my FiiO E3, Cowon D2, two pairs of IEM's and a spare AAA battery with it...

It's -just- long enough to shove my ipod touch2 in there without case. But the bad news is that there's no room for a headphone jack to fit, so I'm not even going to try and drill holes.

Oct 18, 2008 at 10:01 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by beep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wouldn't the bypass, which is obviously cheap and nasty, impact the sound?

My new DAP doesn't even fit, so I'm not gonna bother... if it actually fit and I still used that rig/case, then I would've probably just swapped it out. The male 3.5mm on the inside is literally the smallest of its kind I've ever seen; heck, it makes the FiiO look "regular-sized"

Oct 18, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #14 of 17
Pelican's website lists the dimensions, so you can stack up your gear and slap a rule to the beast and see how big you need the case to be.

Mine is a bit longer than my ipod, but once I roll up my 'phones, it all fits purrrfectly.

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #15 of 17
Could someone with one of these cases do me a favour and measure how much space is availabile with both parts of the rubber lining inserted as opposed to the interior dimensions specified? I'd really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back