Talking Head remasters?
Mar 31, 2006 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Heyyoudvd

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone heard the Talking Heads DualDisc Remasters?

I can't decide if they're worth grabbing over the regular versions seeing as how they're $22.99 CDN a pop versus only $10.99 CDN. That's a pretty hefty price difference for an album, especially when I plan on picking up 3-4 of them.

Is it worth it?

Also, it's worth noting that I won't be listening to the surround tracks on my home stereo very often. Most of my music listening consists of 192kbps AAC files through my KSC75's (with my iPod) or SR60's/A900's/Logitech z5300's through my PC.

How does the SQ of the stereo mix compare to the originals?

Mar 31, 2006 at 11:02 AM Post #2 of 6
It's better, there's no doubt IMHO...but I bought these things because I'm a whore for hi-rez (yes, even DualDisc). Is it worth the premium for 192k rips? I'm not so sure...

I know...thank you, Senator, for those riveting comments
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 6
Is the sound really noticeably better?

I have the regular version of Remain In Light and honestly, it's one of the better sounding albums in my collection. I can name plenty of recent albums - even by big name bands - that don't sound anywhere near as good.

The fact that an album from 1980 can sound so good really blows my mind. Brian Eno must have been one hell of a producer.

Apr 1, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #4 of 6
If you plan to use them on your iPod, you'd better check the fine print first... I seem to remember there being some sort of DRM or Dual Disk technological issue that prevents these disks from being ripped to mp3s.

See ya
Steve

Apr 1, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 6
I have the brick, which as far as I know is the same as the remasters he is talking about, and had no trouble ripping them.

edit: I mean I ripped the CD side, the DVD side is unrippable to my knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back