Talk me out of (into) buying Triad Lisa III
Jan 24, 2010 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JMURRAY16

New Head-Fier
Alright, so I am very tempted to by the standard version Lisa III - is it worth the dough?
Does it sound good with iem's or with cans like Senn 650's or Grado GS1000's?
Thanks!

Jan 24, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 10
Well it seems to power everything with ease. Worth the dough is something we all must decide from a 50 dollar amp to one that costs 50,000. Does it provide a quality musical sound, yes. We all have our own expectations but there have been a number of positive comments on these pages.

Jan 24, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #5 of 10
Here is the question I have about the Lisa III:

I don't have one, so I don't know how to say for sure, but everything I read about the Lisa III implies it is just WAY to big to be a portable amp. So, why do I see it constantly compared to portable amps?

Who is really going to carry such a large amp just because it is powered by batteries?

It seems to me that considering its size the Lisa III should really be compared to shelf-top A/C amps.

And with that application, is it still better than similar priced options?

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:54 AM Post #6 of 10
For someone likes myself - I value 'transportable' options like laptops more highly than DAPs - the Lisa III makes perfect sense. For everyone else, there is the D4 - cheaper and very highly regarded. Not sure what the problem is here people - either we are prepared to shell out a thousand USD for a superb amp with a form factor suited to a bedside or small desktop rig or we go for something more portable and less expensive - its all good.

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #9 of 10
I can only say I love the LISA III. For me it is all worth the money. It works as my primary desktop amplifier and I do not miss anything. The good thing is that I CAN bring it with me on trips and get that great sound everywhere.

For trips where portability is limited to a pocket I bring the iQube or the P-51...

Jan 24, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #10 of 10
Simply the best amp out there in my opinion.
Pure and simple, 100% accurate presentation. The only problem is that it's too good, meaning your source better be good unless you'll hear every imperfection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back