Talk about nightmare: Empty Box!
Apr 24, 2003 at 6:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

sacriste

100+ Head-Fier
I feel stupid posting this but may be you can give me some advice. Because of some good comments (and pricing) I wanted to buy a D-141. I found one brand new unit in eBay and won the bid. As you can see in my info, I'm overseas and my country's government is limiting dollar transactions. But a friend helped me to pay and I have a mailing service from US (MBE) that have been trustable for years. So, after a month, an right in my birthday (I was feeling lucky) I got the package. It felt it too light but I opened quickly anyway, it was full of filling stuff but no player! Very bad gift for my birthday, friends! Of course, I will claim to both MBE and the seller because I don't now where the player got lost or stolen. I got most of my little gear this way and never had a problem, but this is my first time on eBay, so I don't know if I was victim of a simple fraud. I asked for USPS insurance to the seller but don´t know if that really works, and that won't cover all the expenses I have incurred. I'm sad and mad but I'll appreciate any advice, comment, or even jokes...
rolleyes.gif

Edit: I just edited my signature, answering my own question...

Apr 24, 2003 at 7:00 AM Post #2 of 13
frown.gif
I'll beat up whoever's responsible if you ever find them and ship them to los angeles.

Apr 24, 2003 at 7:06 AM Post #3 of 13
I would like to ship him in the same box but maybe get lost too...

Apr 24, 2003 at 7:10 AM Post #5 of 13
did the box show any sign of tampering? I've known of instances of presents being opend by customs agents or postal employees prior to delivery.

Apr 24, 2003 at 7:28 AM Post #6 of 13
Tampering? Let me look in the dictionary. Uhm..Yeah, of course. But all my mail has been tampered before. And yeah, local custom agents are usual suspects, but that's part of MBE job.

Apr 24, 2003 at 12:21 PM Post #7 of 13
An empty box is light, with a D-141 it would be heavier. Shipped packages are usually priced according to both size and weight, therefore if the player was stolen in transit there should be a weight discrepancy between what the seller shipped and what you recieved, if not the seller ripped you off.

Apr 24, 2003 at 12:52 PM Post #10 of 13
You're right, elnero. I don't have all the shipment info, the box just have the Priotity Mail label and tapes and no pricing info. A suspicious thing is that the MBE people on US put "CD PLAYER" in his label and there´s nothing in the box that indicates it. In the other hand, the photos on ebay showed the original box with everything (even the support material, I don't know the English word) and this an standard box not enough to house the original box inside. That's suspicious too.

Apr 24, 2003 at 1:01 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
Look on the bright side........nobody stole the RS pads I sent you. Now that would have been a disaster.
wink.gif

Yes, joelongwood. And hope nobody steal the battery clips JMT is sending me. It seems that "just for friendship" items are sacred.

Edit: Like mummy thomb items?

Apr 25, 2003 at 5:42 PM Post #12 of 13
Just to close this thread and because some of you show concern: MBE will credit the player cost and the huge dimensional weight charge from US to Venezuela. That way I'm only losing the inside-US shipping and the shipping of the...Ugh.. check. It's not too bad, I recover about sixty percent.

What I'm planning to do next? Well, I already have a friend in US with $100 of mine to expend. I haven't decided: ¿a revolution card? ¿a santa cruz? ¿a md player? ¿an old slimx? ¿what's next, what's next? This site is a mortal disease...
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I just edited my signature again, D-141 left behind and now I accept that I'm the proud owner of a Philips DVD751. It has a headphone jack so good that spoiled my CMOY welcome reception! This jack has so many layers of sound, textures, etc. that deserves a new & happier thread...
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2003 at 10:16 PM Post #13 of 13
I've got a scary store about MBE/The UPS Store as well. I told this on the other thread about the RS-1's I bought off Audiogon.. but I'll tell it again, since it's applicable, and yes, it was a nightmare (probably more for the seller than for me...).
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyhow, a freak accident happened to the phones themselves... the person packaging it at Mail Boxes Etc./The UPS Store somehow sliced through the right driver cable. So it's now a broken pair of RS-1's...

I'm getting a bit of a break on the price of the RS-1's.. but man.. I hope someone gets reprimanded for this. My seller won't tell me if MBE did anything about it, but man... you've got to be an idiot to cut the cable on a pair of headphones...

Oh well. Hope your situation turns out for the better sacriste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back