• Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Jul 17, 2017 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

4ktvs

New Head-Fier
I have a Takstar Pro 80 clone that works well, but I am looking for a upgrade.

I made a choice on my own and wasn't happy with it in the slightest so this time I seeking options under $200, under $150 would likely be better though that are over the ear headphones.

I am looking for detail, but impactful bass that doesn't bleed a ton. I like rock/metal the most but that wouldn't be my only use and I don't like the kind of headphones that are looking to beat your ear drums deep into your brain with the bass.

Jul 29, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #2 of 2
The Takstar Pro 82 do have a wonderful bass, quite deep indeed. You can somehow control their impact by selecting up to three different positions in a bass port. In its default configuration, the bass region is about 3-4dB above the mids, which yields a slightly non-neutral but very pleasant response. Open it up by one notch and you'll get +3dB more bass without it bleeding too much into the mids; I use it for songs with thin bass presence, or to get a more fun and punchy sound, and it even helps sometimes to improve the body of male voices. There's a final configuration for a +6dB elevated bass that to me is useless, but I understand that it could be the preferred option for bassheads, so it's good to have it there.

You can find more reviews and details in this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/takstar-pro-82-review-impressions-and-discussion-thread.849965

Users who are viewing this thread

Back