Takstar Hi2050 vs Samson sr950
Oct 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Felixote

New Head-Fier
They both have velour pads and are around the same price. I know that one is open and one is closed but still I would like to hear the opinions of someone how's had them. I've had experince with open headphones (Sony MDR-XD200) and I liked them, but also with closed  ( Superlux 651). I liked the open better but the closed ones were cheaper so I wouldn't know if closed headphones sound better if they are more expensive.

Thank You and I hope you can ansewer me.

Felixote

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #2 of 3
If you like bassy headphones you may like the sr950, i've it. In terms of confort out of the box you should do a van damme split with this headphone for a couple of days cause of the heavy clamp. I did it with my gaming case. I you have ''large ears'' just avoid the sr950.

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi,

Takstar Hi-2050 are on the bright side of neutral, so they really shine with high quality recordings but you may find them a bit to bright and sibilant with poorly recorded/mastered music, specially (modern/compressed) vocal recordings. With good recordings this headphones sound very good, amazing for the price. Probably best headphones for strings at their price point

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back