Takstar HI2050 replacement?
Aug 18, 2017 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Virosa

New Head-Fier
TLDR: In short, i am looking for a entry level, cheap (under 100$ or so) open, over ear pair of cans. Something Balanced to start educating my girlfriend's ears.

Some years ago, i came here and through researching a recommendation list (that i can't seem to find anymore), i found the Takstar HI2050. It was the cheapest over ear/open cans i could start with (Only 50$), that still had sound that could be compared to other 200$ entry level ones.

I have to say, compared to all the crap i got on local store all my life, they sounded surprisingly great. The downside however is they each lasted 1 year before they started falling apart.

While I have just now ordered myself a pair of DT 990 PRO (Hope i like them, heard they sound great and are durable) that come with some free FiiO A3 amp i didn't check out (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BeyerDynamic...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649), I would be looking for a similar recommendation, if possible, to the HI2050. I can't seem to find them anymore.

This would be for my girlfriend, which is used to listening to stream crapped 64 bitrate youtube recompressed 42 times and such crap, using horrible on-ear headphones. She listens mostly to Metal, Rock, Electronic, industrial and EDM. So pretty much across the spectrum.

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 5
What sources is the FiiO A3 going to be plugged into?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back