Taking the next step... DAC/AMP
Jul 31, 2011 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JJE37

New Head-Fier
I currently own a pair of HD555s (modded of course) and am powering them with a TB earforce dss ("BYPASS" mode) through a digital connection, but I am starting to wonder if the fiiO E7 will give a major boost in audio quality.  Has anyone been able to compare the two, I know the specs and that TB doesn't have the best reputation for fidelity.

So can you give me a few DAC/AMP options to connect to a computer and use solely for music?

I would like it to be cheap $70-$130 and provide as much quality as possible, also some info as to the DSS's quality in stereo mode would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 1, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #2 of 3
I havnt tried the e7 but i have experienced 555's through my line outs of a stx vs the headphone amp of the stx and their is in fact a very noticeable difference when there is some power behind them. 

Aug 1, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah the 555/595s sound totally different with a good amount of power behind them, when I went from Sansa fuze+ as a source to digital source and the DSS I was amazed at the quality difference.  What I am wondering is will I get the same boost in quality if I get a new DAC/AMP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back