Taking recommendations for IEM's for long flights
Sep 2, 2017 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kingofthecrate

Head-Fier
I am looking to upgrade from my westone w40's..

I own a pair of CIEM's and I don't think they do well for long listening sessions as in 14-hour plane flights so I am looking for some input from my fellow head-fiers as what would be an upgrade from the w40's

My travel set up is an LG V20 - Chord Mojo.. sometimes I just use the quad fi dac that's included with the phone..

Main musical listening is progressive, synth, and heavy rock, soul, and hip hop.. (not that garbage thats played today either, more jazz styled hip hop)

My preference is a little thump in the lows but nothing too fun in the V shaped signature that the mids sound like they have the life sucked out of them

I am not using these for studio monitoring so I don't mind a "fun" sound. Just don't want sterile.

I would like to stay in the used market and pref under 700 (usd) (used)

Sep 2, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 4
Not sure about finding one used (I do not think they are common), but I would recommend that you look at a Campfire Andromeda. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It is possible it could work for you. FWIW.

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 4
I'm a victim of various flights like JFK->HKG and other such unpleasantries. So you have my condolences. I've yet to find and IEM (custom or not) that was ultra-comfy for those insane time durations. For those flights, I wear closed-back over-ear headphones. Even then 12 or 15 or 18 hours is still a friggin' long time, but adjusting an over-ear versus reseating your IEMs is like night and day IMHO.

YMMV/FWIW.

Doody

PS: If you find these magical IEMs, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back