Taking apart a Denon DCP-150 tips
Jan 20, 2006 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jimbobuk

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I received a DCP150 the other day but sadly it wasn't in great shape. Denon no longer touch them so i've had a go myself.. it did start working shortly after arriving but then i had yet more problems after that.

I've took it apart and had a look, nothing noticably wrong yet. Sadly taking the top of the player off it was either broken already or it broke in the process but a wire in the top right hand corner was soldered onto a small metal bracket in the lid and top piece. Any ideas what this is? i dont have access to a soldering iron yet so tried with insulation tape to reattach. Is it just a ground/earth wire??

Also where is the mechanism for the player thinking its ok to play the disc, i'm thinkin now it could be the top left side where a bracket in the lid goes into the base.. will experiment with that now. want to try and get it playing wihtout being together to have another look (keeping away from the laser of course).

Besides that, the problem that came with it was the volume pot gave no or distorting mono sound.. be nice to fix but unlikely.. for now i'd like to get it spinning and playing again.

Turning it on sometimes and it doesn't spin up.

Turn it upside down whilst its on and it manages to sometimes spin up. once you are spinning its making a noise whether it always did or not i dont know.. i've not managed to get the music playing since, it sits and spins for ages.

ANyways tips and help appreciated!

Jim

Jan 20, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #2 of 2
discovered that holding the front left bracket in its hold gently is the way to fool it into spinning up. Sadly tho i can get it to spin i've yet to get it to start to play? any tips.. i recall reading about the pots or whatever.. guess they're best not fiddled with? at a bit of a loss really what to try next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back