Taking a Step Forward in Higher-End IEM's.
Nov 7, 2011 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

StereoNoodles

Head-Fier
I've been using the MeElectronics M9's for a while now. I think  its time for me to upgrade. I would like it to be under $90 dollars please.
I prefer Pop ( ex: bruno mars, maroon 5, ect. ), Rap (eminem, Pitbull, ect. ), and Techno (deadmau5, Avicci, ect. )
Most of the songs have alot going on, so I'm not exactly looking for clarity and perfect detail for now.
I'm looking for an IEM with sort of the "Night Club" feeling. ( most songs I play would blend well in a night club. )
A bit bass heavy, but not so much that it ruins everything else.

I would also like it to be very durable, able to handle loads of abuse. ( everyday abuse )

I'm not quite the audiophile, but I do believe I should upgrade from my measly $20 dollars I spent on an IEM..

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 19
What is the general price range you're looking for? I would assume you're looking for universal fit IEMs, rather than customs, since the fit process adds a bit more cost to the bottom line.

What kind of activities are you looking to do?  "Daily abuse" in a commute is different than "daily abuse" with exercise and significant movement.

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #4 of 19
By no means I am an expert, but I had a very decent experience with Bose in-ears until the cord broke. As far as I understand, this might trigger some good laughs from many people, but I can't help, this is just my personal experience.

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 19
Well, I'm hoping to atleast get about the $50 dollar mark to the $90 dollar mark. Anything under $90 dollars in general...

Sorry for not being as descriptive about "daily abuse".
It really isn't necessarily for excercise ( but I will use it to run a mile every couple weeks... )
Also as in dropping the mp3 player and pulling the IEM's out of my ear with great force. Or maybe accidentally stepping on them once or twice ( not on the actually housing, but the cable.. I've had a few IEM's that break simply from this.

I generally just want an IEM that isn't known for breaking. Sort of like the Mee Cable. ( though it doesn't have to be THAT durable, as it is very  excellent in durability. Perhaps more than you really need... But it's still nice to have. ) 

But I am willing to sacrifice a little bit of durability if the sound makes up for it... 

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #7 of 19
The Meelec CC51s seem like they're fit they sound you're after, but there have been some reports of failure cropping up here or there. I sold mine to a friend at work and they've been going strong 6 months now if that's worth anything.

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #8 of 19
Yes, the CC51's do look like a great option. I already had experience with Me Elec, and their customer service is superb. And If I do end up breaking it, it would probably be easily replaced. ( even though theres waiting for it to ship, and burning it in all over again... )
But aren't the CC51's more of a Clarity and Detail kind of IEM?
I heard that is was made for.

It clearly says "Clarity Series"

Are youI sure clarity is the option for me with the "club" feeling?

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #9 of 19
That's a bit misleading. It does have really good clarity but it doesn't skimp on the bass either. Have you heard the ATH-M50? The CC51s have more bass than that. The description for it even says "a little extra bump in the bass."

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #11 of 19
IME Xears will definitely provide the "club" feeling with tons of bass. Only ~$45 after coupon.

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #13 of 19
Some other options suitable for your music:

- Brainwavz M2
- Fischer Audio Eterna
- Fischer Audio Silver Bullet
- Fischer Audio Consonance
- DUNU Hephaes (bassmonster, have this one at home too. Will sound great with pop and hiphop.)
- DUNU Trident
- MEE A151
- MEE CC51
- Xears TDIII

The Brainwavz M4 are supposed to be getting pretty interesting too, so check those out. 

Nov 8, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #14 of 19

Quote:
Some other options suitable for your music:

- Brainwavz M2
- Fischer Audio Eterna
- Fischer Audio Silver Bullet
- Fischer Audio Consonance
- DUNU Hephaes (bassmonster, have this one at home too. Will sound great with pop and hiphop.)
- DUNU Trident
- MEE A151
- MEE CC51
- Xears TDIII

The Brainwavz M4 are supposed to be getting pretty interesting too, so check those out. 

The Brainwavz M2 is great for pop. I havent heard many of the others but theyre great value at their price

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #15 of 19
The M2 and Hepheas both sound pretty interesting...
But I was looking for something a bit more expensive?

How's the durability on these?

Course, it these sound like expensive IEM's for the price..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back