TakeT H2 Impressions
Oct 22, 2007 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jtwn

100+ Head-Fier
Quite simply the cream of the crop?

In terms of my other hi-fi headphones, Senn HD600, Sony CD3000, SA5000, AT-H AD2000 it is in another world let alone league.

Got the thing hooked up and oh my, this thing is a revelation in audio for me. Believe you have heard the full-bodied sound from your headphones? You need to take a nose at these. It is the first phones I've had where the lowest of the lowest registers seem to be there, the first headphone that I haven't had to eq, at either end.

It seems every single element of the music is present, as if some were not even there or were not clearly pronounced on my other phones. Now I thought the K1000s were pretty accurate but these are in a total different league. On what a previously thought were pretty good mastered CDs, I am picking up minute clipping on certain drum beats and cymbals, a detail seeming so fine, it was a surprise to me to notice it in the first place.

I could list everything which is a revelation with this headphones in relation to others but in all honesty, every single aspect is. I'm not sure where these headphones fall down or even fault (note I am only referring to what ear my senses and not what my eye senses or the comfort factor
wink.gif
). The first week or two it seemed sibilant and quite harsh in the uppers, either I have gone deaf to these tones, adapted to them or the headphone has changed. However I am willing to bet if it was somehow dampened, the transparency and sheer crystality of the sound would probably be diminished too.

I can't make too many sweeping statements about how these headphones flaunt others as I haven't heard the R-10, Orpheus etc. but I am hard pushed to imagine as far as detail is concerned, what more they and those in the top-end could discern than these cans.

Not sure if I am even interested in buying a suited amp for my K1K anymore, think my journey is over
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 2
Thanks for the impressions. Glad to see you're enjoying them too
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree with everything you said except about the bass extension. To me, although the bass has excellent punch and definition, the deep bass extension is quite lacking. But the H2 are extremely amp dependent and this could just be a problem with my amp.

Also, you really have to hear them driven directly from an amp (without the TR2) if you haven't already. It improves every aspect, believe it or not. When an amp that can drive these directly at loud volume (my amps can only drive them to at most medium volume directly) becomes available at a reasonable cost (KGBH is out of my budget), I think that will be the end of my head-fi journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back