Take HEED a new Hungarian kid is on the block.......
Aug 3, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
look nice, but all that for £225? sounds like a pretty weak deal for what would (given the spartan circuitry) likely be 2 FETs/BJTs in a row.

but of course, if it sounds good...
wink.gif

That's what I was thinkin.

Aug 3, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Grados have arrived courtesy of mrarroyo (cheers Miguel!) so will report on this amps ability to drive them shortly. My review has been delayed due to moving house but it will appear soon! Alternately, if there is a very keen UK Head-Fier who owns both senn and Grado 'phones I can arrange for the amp to be sent to them to review (I just have soooooo much on my plate at the moment)

Hey Mr.Pink, looks nice! hurry up already.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #33 of 37
the amplification stage doesn't look like its much more complicated than an RA1... Single OP amp design.

Beefy looking power section.
Wonder what those ceramic caps are for?.... and why theres metal shielding around them?

Looking forward to your impressions Mike... and congrats on the new home!! What mods do you have planned for it
biggrin.gif
?

Garrett

Aug 3, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
I have to admit, I came in here expecting to hear a rant about another wandering eastern European on your property.

Lord knows some of us have posted worse in the amplification section.

Aug 11, 2006 at 1:24 PM Post #35 of 37
Hi PinkFloyd

You mentioned that the Canamp can drive a high-sensitivity loudspeaker, but how would you do that - you would need a special cable, right?

One thing that has caught my attention lately is the visaton b200 8" fullrange driver used in an open baffle configuration - there is a lot of positive talk on the audiocircle forum - see the (very long) thread: "Gravity Well of a DarkStar". I'm thinking I might buy a couple of those and make my first speaker project, however I was just wondering whether I could possibly use the CanAmp as an amplifier for that particular driver setup - anyone care to make a qualified guess?

Visaton B200 specs:
http://www.spectrumaudio.de/breit/vi...satonB200.html

Any help is much appreciated, cheers

Aug 11, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #36 of 37
Pinkie, without you I don't know what this forum would do for cutting edge updates on euro amps. We seem to have Asia-Pac covered, but not much in the way of a pipeline across the other puddle. Keep the Euro strong and feed us more info, thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2006 at 12:07 PM Post #37 of 37
Can get Blue Moon Audio's website to come up. Any more info on the HEED?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back