Tagging query...
Apr 17, 2008 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sparky191

Headphoneus Supremus
I have some Lame ID3v2.3MP3's that appear correctly tagged in MediaMonkey, but iTunes ignores them, in that it doesn't read the Artist or Album tag. So you get a list of files with no album, artist. If I add the tags in iTunes it appear properly. But the tags should already be there according to MediaMonkey. Any thoughts.

Apr 17, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have some Lame ID3v2.3MP3's that appear correctly tagged in MediaMonkey, but iTunes ignores them, in that it doesn't read the Artist or Album tag. So you get a list of files with no album, artist. If I add the tags in iTunes it appear properly. But the tags should already be there according to MediaMonkey. Any thoughts.

only thing i can think of, did you ctrl+S to sync MM db info into individual file tags?

Apr 17, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 4
you use the computer node on the left-hand pane of MediaMonkey right? try ctrl+S, regardless of how you browse, mediamonkey keeps some tag data in its own database (including ratings, playcounts, etc) until you sync them, after which they will be saved into the ID3v2.3 tags. i had the same problem with my ratings and playcounts until i did this. hope this works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back