Tagging Multiple Tracks to a single FLAC file?
Sep 1, 2006 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

st5150

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I have a single flac file containing multiple songs back to back. How can I tag each individual track, yet keep it a single Flac file? I'm trying to use Godfather and can't figure it out. Open to any suggestions or software you guys recomend.

Sep 1, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by st5150
Hi everyone. I have a single flac file containing multiple songs back to back. How can I tag each individual track, yet keep it a single Flac file? I'm trying to use Godfather and can't figure it out. Open to any suggestions or software you guys recomend.

Do you have a cue sheet to go with it? If so... You can store CD TEXT within your FLAC image using Foobar; just open your CUE sheet with notepad then copy contents & paste it into the cuesheet tag of the FLAC image file within foobar.

If you don't use foobar this is pretty useless. It might be worthwhile to transcode to separate tracks, which won't lose any quality since you're working with lossless.

Sep 1, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #3 of 6
I was just playing with foobar after giving up on the godfather. Can you recomend a good cue sheet editor/creator? I have a cassette "mix tape" recorded as a single flac file. I'd like to scan different sections of the tape/file and mark off track endings and track beginings. I can create a cue file manually using Notepad, but that's a pain for what I'm doing.

Sep 4, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 6
Do you still have the original cd? If so put it in your computer and have EAC create a cue sheet for you. Otherwise I think you're stuck to creating a cue sheet by hand or some other unpleasant means.

Sep 4, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #6 of 6
These are actually mix tapes (cassettes) I made a decade ago. I've got a system down where I use CDRCue to make the cue sheet, but CDRCue is buggy and doesn't include quotes on around the arist and track names so foobar won't recogonise the cue sheet. As a fix I open and save the cue with cuemaster and then stick the cue sheet into the flac file. Major PIA, but I got the system down. Compared to the time it takes cleaning up the tape hiss with sound forge and the noise removal plugins, the cue sheet problem isn't so bad
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back